• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CFS, the worse model, has a nice system for south/central Ga into the midlands of SC for next week (hr 192). It would then move up the coast and provide the coastal areas of NC some snow. It's been some time for the folks in these areas.
View attachment 65160
The CFS is only a slightly lower resolution version of the LR range GFS (56 km vs 44 km). All of this 300 hour analysis is basically equivalent to just looking at the CFS. So in other words, why don't we look at it more?!

Reactions: SD
The CFS is only a slightly lower resolution version of the LR range GFS (56 km vs 44 km). All of this 300 hour analysis is basically equivalent to just looking at the CFS. So in other words, why don't we look at it more?!
Good point. I guess the biggest issue with the model is it goes out a full month. People (including me) look at day 25 and see if flip from warm patterns to cold patterns with each run. So, as long as we use it for the shorter term (say only 10 days out), it could be useful.

Good point. I guess the biggest issue with the model is it goes out a full month. People (including me) look at day 25 and see if flip from warm patterns to cold patterns with each run. So, as long as we use it for the shorter term (say only 10 days out), it could be useful.
Haha nah, in truth I was being sarcastic. What I was really trying to point out is those same flips we see on the CFS we also see on the LR GFS because it just isn't worth looking at beyond truncation IMO.

Looking back at our February storm last year the ICON and NAM were first to pick up on it. Let's see if this run yesterday leads the way for our next one.

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back