• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking about pain, my Deacs have had a total of 4 practices as a team since Nov 30 (due to Covid) and have 2 players who won't return this season at all, and both were starters! My daughter got her MBA there and I have been a Wake fan for 35 years. However I do see a light at the end of the tunnel with Steve Forbes as the new coach this season.

I haven't had a one inch snowfall since 2/12/10, words can't express what it's like to see places that are latitudinally similar to me getting extremely clobbered. I haven't been completely shut out during the time frame as I've had two light dustings on 1/28/14 and 1/17/18, but I'm to the point that there's no use in getting excited whenever winter rolls around. For certain areas that are east in the region, it takes a virtual miracle for anything substantial to occur and I've just accepted my fate. I also haven't recorded a low in the teens since January 2018, I would like to hope that there's at least a small chance that such a streak ends before this winter concludes.

Ok someone start the February thread. I’m done trying to wishcast us out of this dumpster fire of a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadian is the first model on the 12Z Failboat for today. 3 cold rains and another one coming down the pipe at the end of the run.

What's Madrid's average annual snowfall? I can't find that anywhere.
probably similar to Tucson, but just based on similar elevation/climate and annual precip. The avg number of snowy days is: 3. Chattanooga's avg snowy days is 2.7, so maybe it's closer to 3-4 inches per year. Because of the higher latitude. Anyway, they got 20 plus inches recently, and they're saying it's more than they've seen in 50 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back