• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh, sometimes I really hate living in the western upstate! That darn warm bubble/downslopping/late cold/low transfer/etc ALWAYS gets in the way!!! If it could be snow there's always a warm nose and we get rain or a sloppy sleet. If it actually snows then it's way too warm for a decent accumulation or it's a tease because the precip moves east before we get anything. I wish I could move to Hendersonville!!! :mad:

Ok, that helps me get some of it out!

My favorite snowflakes were from March 2018. Those were heavy half dollar sized flakes. After about an hour, right before they stopped, they actually began sticking to the pavement despite 40-50 degree temps. I'm hoping we get a repeat.

So far in Montana this winter has really sucked for me I was hoping to snow chase back to Tuscaloosa but now it seems like that’s not going to be a possibility I guess since I did see flurries up here that’s a win ummm not ??

It really doesn't work like it used to. Patterns that would pretty much guarantee us a good snow storm just don't work out like they used to.

We aren’t even in one of those patterns yet. Anything out of the current pattern is a bonus cause it’s not a great pattern . The real pattern has yet to begin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's almost comical how much my county and Wake county are similar with wintry dividing line, I mean I get it most times due to the NE/SW orientation of that line. But both counties could easily see zilch in the SE corner while someone in the NW corner gets 2" or more and it's happened so many times

It's almost comical how much my county and Wake county are similar with wintry dividing line, I mean I get it most times due to the NE/SW orientation of that line. But both counties could easily see zilch in the SE corner while someone in the NW corner gets 2" or more and it's happened so many times
It is exactly the same here in Spartanburg. Landrum is the Roxboro of this county. They'll probably get 1-2"+ while I hope for a dusting and the southern parts rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back