• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm going to whine a bit. Today is beautiful, but a week to 10 days with lows in the upper 50s and low 60s coming up is completely ridiculous for mid November, its going to feel like September again. I'm tired of the psedo falls. The leaf color in the upstate is paltry to nonexistent (only a few maples have been pretty). Man I miss the falls of my youth. ?

Ok, so I'm going to whine a bit. Today is beautiful, but a week to 10 days with lows in the upper 50s and low 60s coming up is completely ridiculous for mid November, its going to feel like September again. I'm tired of the psedo falls. The leaf color in the upstate is paltry to nonexistent (only a few maples have been pretty). Man I miss the falls of my youth. ?
Yeah foliage season kicked off really early here and was picking up nicely. Now everything seems muted .

Add this to the week we just had of lows in the 60s, I guess its better than the 90s we had through October last year.

We never have a fall or winter anymore sadly. All we do is get brief windows of seasonal weather in fall and winter. During winter we just try to time a 7-10 day window to actually score a snow. I just stay at the bottom of the cliff. Makes it easier.

But don't worry, you'll get upper 40's to 50's for lows in December and upper 30's to 40's in January before we go back up in February.

Last edited:
The storm blew off all the pretty leaves so now we have mostly bare and greenish trees.

Would the 18z GFS run put us all in line for one of the warmest Novembers potentially?

This is obviously fantasy land, but I doubt this is anyones fantasy. Days and days of 70s/80s and 60s.

View attachment 51584
That’s what I was thinking , would be a fitting way to end over a decade of cold November’s . Also why I hope we avoid a freeze tonight , would make for an interesting run at latest freeze perhaps . Looks likely we freeze tonight though .

That’s what I was thinking , would be a fitting way to end over a decade of cold November’s . Also why I hope we avoid a freeze tonight , would make for an interesting run at latest freeze perhaps . Looks likely we freeze tonight though .

I think most outside of the plains of NC with calm winds and most major airports avoid the freezing mark, it could very well carry into December.

Obviously the higher elevations have had a couple freezes.

I think most outside of the plains of NC with calm winds and most major airports avoid the freezing mark, it could very well carry into December.

Obviously the higher elevations have had a couple freezes.
Yeah, coastal nc will avoid a freeze but I doubt RDU itself can, the UHI station ( NCSU station) can certainly avoid a freeze as other areas of urban raleigh.

Would the 18z GFS run put us all in line for one of the warmest Novembers potentially?

This is obviously fantasy land, but I doubt this is anyones fantasy. Days and days of 70s/80s and 60s.

View attachment 51584
Geeze... if that verifies, it's not out of hte question some areas may try to make a run at 90. ? We could be decorating for Christmas with temperatues in the upper 80s! It is 2020

Geeze... if that verifies, it's not out of hte question some areas may try to make a run at 90. ? We could be decorating for Christmas with temperatues in the upper 80s! It is 2020
Well that’s just plain unreasonable lol. I don’t think anyone in our forum is capable of upper 80s on Christmas . If you said mid 80s then sure we are pushing the boundaries of all time warmth for the warmer regions on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back