• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am in the minority but i don't want snow in Oct or Nov. I want a proper fall before winter sets in. By Dec 1 I am ready for snow.
You're in the minority, around here you take snow when you can get it.

Living in the south I’d take snow in July, August or any month of the year if it were possible.
I mean you are very far north in the south. Heck you are about 2 hours away from the midwest. So im sure you see plenty of snow. Im guessing you average near 10" ?

I mean you are very far north in the south. Heck you are about 2 hours away from the midwest. So im sure you see plenty of snow. Im guessing you average near 10" ?
At one time probably as much as 12-15 inches in the 60s and 70s. But now it’s around 7 or 8 inches per year over the last 12 or so years. I’m far enough north that I see plenty of snow fall but it has a hard time accumulating most events. The last 2 winters I’ve had less then 3 inches each year. That said each year we don’t have a great winter it increases the likelihood the next one will be. The fact that the last 2 have been bad means the averages will pan out this year or or almost certainly next. It’s rare up here especially on the highland rim to have more then 2 winters in a row without at least one 3 plus inch snow. Nashville is a different story even though it’s only 35-40 minutes south of me. Due to it’s lower elevation and recent warmer winters it has gotten a lot more common to see only a few dusting to one inch events over multiple winters in a row.

Another gfs run, another -EPO dumping stuff in the west, another severe weather pattern, and another TC to spoil that severe weather pattern

I am in the Indy metro visiting my mom and the wind is brutal today. Temps in the low 40s combined with winds gusting near 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back