• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take my chances. 2" or bust!
ProbSnowGE02.png

Good news is the strat strengthens...violently. Maybe the blocking will subside...it sure ain't helping.

u_65N_10hpa_gefs.png

You posted a model walled the WYFF . Bruh it’s literally called the wiff . That’s all you need to know bout it .
I posted the HRRR. WYFF is a news station that showed a similarly unlikely scenario

Don't even know why we look at the models. Just can't trust them. Have to tell ourselves they can only show there is potential for a winter storm, and if everything comes together just right this is how much snow you COULD get.

Last edited by a moderator:
every year we tell ourselves maybe this setup is different and then when the warm nose and nw trend snaps us to reality inside 72 hrs we melt down. tale as old as time.

Consistency! No more than 18hours ago. "tHiS iS tHe BesT SeTuP eVeR, iF wE dOnT gEt A sToRm I qUiT" ....

*nah, no you dont. You'll be back next time even the local wx station model throws out 6 inches*

every year we tell ourselves maybe this setup is different and then when the warm nose and nw trend snaps us to reality inside 72 hrs we melt down. tale as old as time.

And everyone was wondering why I came across as such a debbie downer for this setup the last several days. Once I realized several days ago that most of the ascent was being forced by warm advection, I tuned out.

Ya know , I don’t mind some snow . Why not get some snow ? But the way some people have been weenien, and doing so rather self righteously while calling others who disagree out ... has me hoping for them to really get nothing but rain man. Ik ik that’s not cool . But it’s also not cool to discredit others posts without posting good arguments other than clown maps and talking about your gut which only feels messed up because of Taco Bell not because it’s telling you that it’s going to snow.

Sorry .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back