• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hug the 12 and 32k NAMs! It’s my only hope! Literally 10-20 miles from a decent 2-4”erF656BBC1-A895-41C1-ABCB-B3AF72626084.png825A60AA-5D9C-4048-B205-CB788A6840ED.png

Anyone have an ecobee? My upstairs thermostat is at the top of the stairs where the heat from downstairs kind of funnels so the thermostat reads 3-5 degrees above the actual rooms. I want to get the satellite sensors for my ecobee if they are worth it.

Anyone have an ecobee? My upstairs thermostat is at the top of the stairs where the heat from downstairs kind of funnels so the thermostat reads 3-5 degrees above the actual rooms. I want to get the satellite sensors for my ecobee if they are worth it.
Speaking of thermostats, I have an issue where mine will read too cool by 5 degrees or more and then because it shows so cool the emergency heat strips kick in when it's not needed. I'm only replying to your post because you made me think of it but this may be a stupid question but can I just replace the thermostat for a heat pump or will any thermostat work with it? I mean every thermometer in the house will read 68 for example but the thermostat will show 63 and rip those heat strips, it does the same too warm sometimes too. Crazy

Speaking of thermostats, I have an issue where mine will read too cool by 5 degrees or more and then because it shows so cool the emergency heat strips kick in when it's not needed. I'm only replying to your post because you made me think of it but this may be a stupid question but can I just replace the thermostat for a heat pump or will any thermostat work with it? I mean every thermometer in the house will read 68 for example but the thermostat will show 63 and rip those heat strips, it does the same too warm sometimes too. Crazy
That sucks! Are you looking for a smart thermostat or just something to have up there that's right?

That sucks! Are you looking for a smart thermostat or just something to have up there that's right?
Haha at this point just something that's right. I guess my question is can I just go buy a thermostat and replace it, will it work with the unit or is it more to it then that?

You mean like Dec 19, 2009? *tent pitched*

My first major winterstorm. I had just moved to NC from Florida that summer, and my dumbass thought I could drive to Tn on 40, in a 2 wheel drive truck during it. lol I thought to myself "They'll have the roads plowed right?" I made it to Old Fort before 40 was shut down. After a few hours, they finally managed to get some of the cars onto the shoulder to get off at the Old Fort exit. Then back track on 70 to Greenlee (which wasn't plowed) and put you back on 40 heading east. Made it back to Morganton before i could find an available room in a motel for the night. The attendant in the motel said "Where ever your vehicle stops is your parking space for the night". I learned so much that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back