• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of thermostats, I have an issue where mine will read too cool by 5 degrees or more and then because it shows so cool the emergency heat strips kick in when it's not needed. I'm only replying to your post because you made me think of it but this may be a stupid question but can I just replace the thermostat for a heat pump or will any thermostat work with it? I mean every thermometer in the house will read 68 for example but the thermostat will show 63 and rip those heat strips, it does the same too warm sometimes too. Crazy

You need to have a thermostat that is compatible with your particular heat pump.

Got a pretty good feeling that we’re gonna hand off the first storm or two in this pattern to the mid Atlantic. We could use a little snow cover to our north to help further lock in this great pattern. As we see a few storms run their course thru the first half of the month and lay some snow down to our north, the Greenland block begins to couple with the stratosphere, & continues retrograding poleward and westward, the air masses that plunge southward will become increasingly deeper/colder as we get into mid-January

Hence, I think the mid Atlantic and perhaps the mountains could score here inside the first 10-12 days of the January. Our window in the SE probably does not legitimately open up until about Jan 15 or so given the above info, but it should last for basically the rest of January at a minimum and given the SSWE, February is also looking favorable atm
Perfect timing for my move to DC on the 22nd ?. Definitely excited by this pattern, and appreciative of all the good insights from folks! I feel like I’m learning more every day

So which is better weathermodels or wxbell?

Both have the same things, but Wxbell is cleaner, faster, and has a few more bells and whistles than weathermodels, which is cheaper.

I would lean towards Wxbell and I agree with Ollie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting through the first half of January, with this pattern, and waiting for it to get cold enough for us....will be like waiting in line for the bathroom at a gas station when you really have to go......?

I would think this pattern would yield opportunities for good overrunning that would be good for Birmingham over to Columbia. If Columbia 0's out again this year it will be their longest streak ever without receiving at least an inch of snow. If this pattern locks in from mid Jan until mid Feb I'd think it'd be hard for even CAE to zero out.
Still nothing great for AL,Ga and SC. I’m not impressed yet but it’s getting closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back