• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like none for you ? Unless my geography is off. Might be worth taking a trip to Abilene.
There hasn't been any for us since like Sunday lol

But yeah ive already got my bag packed I'm going back and forth between Abilene and Eastland to the east(the edge of the Fort Worth NWS office) they are mentioning this:

Right now we are forecasting 1-4" over the western
zones, but acknowledge that very favorable dynamics associated
with wrap-around precipitation events are in place. This could
yield high snowfall rates of 2+ inches per hour and maybe even a
stray rumble of thunder.

But yeah ive already got my bag packed I'm going back and forth between Abilene and Eastland to the east(the edge of the Fort Worth NWS office) they are mentioning this:

stray rumble of thunder.
Might be the only chance to see snow this winter. I say go for it and take pics. Although you will see snow in CO.

stray rumble of thunder.
Head to Big Bend National Park.. definitely going to be snow there, plus it's beautiful country.

533 miles from Dallas, 7.5 drive when I googled it.. and those drive times are always a little off, since most people drive a bit over the speed limit on interstates.

Edit: when correcting people try actually be right every once in a while. It's annoying.
He lives NE of Dallas. It says 600 miles from Wylie, TX to Big Bend National Park. Says 9 hrs 35 min on Google Maps

Also, google maps literally and I'm quoting says this:

Wylie, Tx to BBNP

8 hr 20 min (563.4 mi) via I-20 W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back