• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the warmth around new years in it'll be nice to get it and get things done outside without being cool or cold
I really don't want winter this year anyway. Can you imagine what it's going to be like if there's 4 inches of snow on the ground, and "would-be" snow days turn out to be virtual learning days? That is the real definition of a kick in the balls!!! This winter has, in my opinion, been bastardized by Covid.

I can think of more times where I saw measurable snow between February 15-28 than December 15-31 around here in the last 20 years. February 27, 2004. February 16, 2013 (a relatively small event though). February 24-26, 2015. February 20, 2020. For December 15-31 I can think of December 26, 2010 and nothing else.
Indeed. The last half of February and first week or so of March are as prime climo as you can get for central NC, IMO. Absolutely better than December and it isn’t even close.

Indeed. The last half of February and first week or so of March are as prime climo as you can get for central NC, IMO. Absolutely better than December and it isn’t even close.
You are saying the 1st week of March is just as much prime climo as January is for Central NC ?

2015 was horrible along the I-20 corridor in GA. 2004 we didnt see much either. I can't remember the last time Atlanta had a decent snow after Feb 15. It's probably been 10 years.
March 2009 for sure. Not sure if there’s been one since then. I can’t think of one at least. But it’s not like ATL averages more than a couple inches of snow per winter, anyways, so that doesn’t mean much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back