• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because we had two major winter storms between the 24th of Dec and Jan 11th. I think the pattern went to crap shortly after that. Could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and then more snow in February. We had snow in Dec, Jan, and Feb. That doesnt happen too often.

2004 and 2015 would disagree, at least around here. The second half of February has produced some big dogs here, probably more than December.
2015 was horrible along the I-20 corridor in GA. 2004 we didnt see much either. I can't remember the last time Atlanta had a decent snow after Feb 15. It's probably been 10 years.

One week everything looks great, the next it looks terrible. Sometimes I miss the old days of just looking at the local on the 8s and waiting for the wintry mix icon to pop up a week out. Since I’ve began looking at models extensively back in 2014, I have yet to get hardly anything here in SC. Lol

One week everything looks great, the next it looks terrible. Sometimes I miss the old days of just looking at the local on the 8s and waiting for the wintry mix icon to pop up a week out. Since I’ve began looking at models extensively back in 2014, I have yet to get hardly anything here in SC. Lol
Snow was more enjoyable in the old days I believe. Less stress since we weren't glued to models 24/7.

yeah but winter is usually over by Feb 15 anyway in the deep south. So i don't really care what happened the last 2 weeks of Feb that year.

Agree with Dewpoint here.

Winter for the Triangle in terms of looking at the long range best opportunities has 4qtrs to me. 1st) Dec 15-31; 2nd) Jan 1-15; 3rd) Jan 16-31; 4th) Feb 1-15.

We are looking at going into the half scoreless right now.

It's always concerning when you waste prime climo in the south, considering how short of a window prime climo usually is.

Agree with Dewpoint here.

Winter for the Triangle in terms of looking at the long range best opportunities has 4qtrs to me. 1st) Dec 15-31; 2nd) Jan 1-15; 3rd) Jan 16-31; 4th) Feb 1-15.

We are looking at going into the half scoreless right now.
I can think of more times where I saw measurable snow between February 15-28 than December 15-31 around here in the last 20 years. February 27, 2004. February 16, 2013 (a relatively small event though). February 24-26, 2015. February 20, 2020. For December 15-31 I can think of December 26, 2010 and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back