• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, just remember there's a difference between not getting any model snow, and not getting any snow. If there's no model snow, there's something wrong with the pattern, that we're missing. If we don't get any actual snow in a good pattern, that's just bad luck.
We are scarcely even getting fantasy snow this month, which makes me suspect this pattern we are in isn't as good as some are making it out to be. This just seems like a normal December to me, and in a typical December we usually don't get snow.

My fear is that the wheels are going to fall off soon, and we will torch during the prime of winter, though.

I think folks are forgetting that the models have gotten better overall in the last few years, which is why we probably aren't seeing as much fantasy snow on them these days. Well, the GFS still shows it's share of fake snow quite often, but is still stinks in my opinion because it seems to still have a cold bias. I will take a warm model any day of the week (Ahem, EURO) over one that shows me nonstop snowstorm after snowstorm and then pulls the rug out from under my feet at the 11th hour. I'd rather a model trend towards snow than away from it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back