• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's starting to get real irritating seeing no consistent storm signal on any model at all even with a good pattern. I know it's not suppose to snow in December around here much. As bad as this winter looked coming in you can't help but think that is eventually going to win out and the wheels completely fall off. We need to score now and I see nothing promising between now and New Year's. Smdh
Don't worry. We'll get a well place system with cold air in place at some point... in April.

Shitfest so far. The last 3 winters sucked overall but we were at least tracking something at this point in the winter. Virtually nothing so far to even track.

Shitfest so far. The last 3 winters sucked overall but we were at least tracking something at this point in the winter. Virtually nothing so far to even track.
Yep. I don't mind it being cold this week for the holiday. But it may have been 70 for us up until now. The results are the same. I can only hope the Pac relaxes some in January to give us a shot. I would blame it on La Nina but the Pac has ruined us regardless of ENSO lately. It'd be an epic meltdown on here if we keep the -NAO and run the table on below average temps this winter and still don't even get a storm to track.

Yep. I don't mind it being cold this week for the holiday. But it may have been 70 for us up until now. The results are the same. I can only hope the Pac relaxes some in January to give us a shot. I would blame it on La Nina but the Pac has ruined us regardless of ENSO lately. It'd be an epic meltdown on here if we keep the -NAO and run the table on below average temps this winter and still don't even get a storm to track.
If that happens I'm going to wonder if a winter storm is even possible anymore.

I’m sure am glad I live north of 85 if we do get a chance to get a storm this year I will have a better chance at one I lived south of 85 in Anderson sc for years and it would be snowing like crazy north of I would be watching the radar hoping the snow line would move a little further south and it would never move at all

Folks, just remember there's a difference between not getting any model snow, and not getting any snow. If there's no model snow, there's something wrong with the pattern, that we're missing. If we don't get any actual snow in a good pattern, that's just bad luck.
The Pac is awful for one. But an east based -NAO may as well be a +NAO because it favors cutter city. Folks have to be careful with that and they only see that the NAO is negative and think we should be scoring.

Yeah, nice to see we haven't torched. But I remember when "cold and snowy" meant below average temps with actual, you know..., snow. So far this "cold and snowy" December has been average temps and a handful of flurries. Wonder what we'd have to call it to get actual below average temps and accumulating snow? ?
The north. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back