• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, nice to see we haven't torched. But I remember when "cold and snowy" meant below average temps with actual, you know..., snow. So far this "cold and snowy" December has been average temps and a handful of flurries. Wonder what we'd have to call it to get actual below average temps and accumulating snow?

The climate has changed a lot since the 70s which is about half a life time so folks ideas of what it should be haven't caught up with reality yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, nice to see we haven't torched. But I remember when "cold and snowy" meant below average temps with actual, you know..., snow. So far this "cold and snowy" December has been average temps and a handful of flurries. Wonder what we'd have to call it to get actual below average temps and accumulating snow? ?
Yeah, but all of us outside the mountains average under 1” of snow per December, so even a good pattern this month isn’t a guarantee of anything. Well, no good pattern is a guarantee of anything even during the dead of winter (there’s a reason we don’t average much snowfall in these parts), but certainly not in December, in which we average less snow than in January, February, or March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back