• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh...looking at all these pretty maps makes me think it must be nice to live in a place that actually has a shot at snow...places like, NC, TN, Northern AL, Northern MS...
I might as well be in Southern Florida...
Nah, I hear they have falling Iguanas which might be worse ?

Not to sound like an ass, but why are we making call maps for a storm that is 7 days out? Come on guys, you all know better than that. Do you forget how badly last week's storm was modeled? Let's follow the trends, but stop with the call maps. It will lead to disappointment most of the time. Definitely posts your thoughts and ask questions.
Never did I say that I had an issue with people discussing weather on a weather forum. Nor did I say it wasn't okay for people to get excited. We all do the same thing, every winter. I buy into certain modeling, especially if it shows something for my backyard. All I was saying we have such a long ways to go before we can begin to discuss precip type, amounts, etc. I do have fun on this board, that's why I am here right now. We all have been burned so many times, so I was only trying to get people to realize that we have a week to go. And I did say anything can change between now and then. No need to call me a killjoy. I've been on this board for over a year and enjoy voicing my opinions as well as reading other's perspectives. 2020 has been rough on all of us.

Fair enough but just looking at your previous post, maybe it seems like there is a tone with it that unintentionally propagates a killjoy feel.

Damn, my kids just saw the snow icon in the TWC forecast on TV. Now I have to do “ the talk”. ?
Opposite happened here , I went to bed last night to 39/21 snow on Friday and 39/25 Saturday . People were already hollering about snow chances , it was funny ! Woke up Friday now says 46/28 and rain , Saturday says 48/32. Talk about a rug pull. Wish the general public understood not to take that crap on TWC so seriously !

Opposite happened here , I went to bed last night to 39/21 snow on Friday and 39/25 Saturday . People were already hollering about snow chances , it was funny ! Woke up Friday now says 46/28 and rain , Saturday says 48/32. Talk about a rug pull. Wish the general public understood not to take that crap on TWC so seriously !
Yeah it would be different if we lived up north but down here we know it's dependent on more factors. TWC putting out specifics a week out especially on accumulation doesn't make sense even in colder climates.

Reactions: SD
Snow should never be put into a forecast past D3 south of the Mason Dixon unless you feel really really strong about it or you have the euro, gfs, canadian, icon, all of ensembles and a crystal ball

It's much easier to put whatever temp and rain at D4-7 and adjust accordingly. No one in the public will be mad if you adjust to snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back