• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I absolutely hate sleet. But in this case with snow being extremely unlikely I'm hoping for a two inch sleet storm! Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I think it was 16 or 17 we had crazy sleet totals. But this aint the one. Expecting a cold rain in the triangle. Areas west of the triad that CAD might be prominent enough. Lets see how that HP at the border shapes up.

I think it was 16 or 17 we had crazy sleet totals. But this aint the one. Expecting a cold rain in the triangle. Areas west of the triad that CAD might be prominent enough. Lets see how that HP at the border shapes up.
I'm pulling for everyone on this thread to get some wintry weather! We all deserve it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that Isn’t at all excited for this ZR potential? Maybe I’ll get more excited if we get within NAM range, but I wish we were getting snow.
There's a time and place to be picky. The new state of the SE winter means we should enjoy anything frozen we get, so I'm with you on this.

Am I the only one that Isn’t at all excited for this ZR potential? Maybe I’ll get more excited if we get within NAM range, but I wish we were getting snow.
If it was January, i would not be excited at all, but I’m a little bit more given it’s only December, it’s in the beginning stages of a nice -NAO, and I could see sleet becoming more predominant, but I’m not yet given models have been jumpy many times lately

I don't feel excited here at all in Raleigh. It's going to be absolutely awful 33-35 degree rain here. With that warm nose even a brief flake is very unlikely here.

Longer Longer term... at least on the super-extended GEFS, lol... looks like the Pacific pattern is evolving towards a better regime for US cold/snow, but the neg NAO goes bye bye. Still don't see any deep push of the PV, but generally after last week of Dec/first week Jan it gets colder again: 1607754262567.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back