• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

The thing about this is, there could be an argument to more suppression vs what the Euro is showing as it continues to get "colder". If we can get the track of the low across North Central Florida and have a couple things go in our favor, I do not see why at least I-20 and North into the Central Midlands can't get a February of 2010 type of deal.

The Euro is tying to have our 850's a bit too warm with the track of the surface low over Southern GA, but trying to say we'll be 32F at the surface during at least a 0.25 inch of precipitation. March doesn't exactly scream "ice" to me in the Midlands. I think we could go from IP/Rain to IP/Snow to Snow before the end as long as we can get a colder push.. which a lot of our members are not exactly wanting due to precipitation amounts.
Appreciate your input man. I guess we wait and see. Normally hoping for things to go right around here normally doesn't go well for us. It's not like I am personally begging for some significant storm. I've been saying for the last couple year that a inch of snow would make me happy. We are due down here. But being due means nothing to Mother Nature haha

Yeah, I benefited in December for sure, you probably did too. In March that line goes up to Statesville, Greensboro and Winston Salem IMO. Never say never and EURO looks good, but climo says the best is to my north. Still early March too, so yeah. I'm watching, just not even close to getting hopes up.

Pretty classic.

1551124813512.png

Appreciate your input man. I guess we wait and see. Normally hoping for things to go right around here normally doesn't go well for us. It's not like I am personally begging for some significant storm. I've been saying for the last couple year that a inch of snow would make me happy. We are due down here. But being due means nothing to Mother Nature haha

I said all of that and just saw the Euro Ensembles and they are much worse for our area.

Any Euro weekly predictions for the SE for weeks 3+? I'm going for mainly warmer than normal though that's not what I want.

Based off what I've seen Eric say, I'm gonna go with blazing. Last freezes for deeper in the south than TN/NC might be sooner than I thought (within the first 10 days of March).

Based off what I've seen Eric say, I'm gonna go with blazing. Last freezes for deeper in the south than TN/NC might be sooner than I thought (within the first 10 days of March).

Hard to believe we don’t get radiational cooling to sub freezing in NGa in late March or early April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roxboro, congrats! I’m telling y’all, but nobody’s listening! This will end up a VA/MA special, don’t waste your time!

giphy.gif

Shawn bringing up February 2010 is bringing out my inner weenie. It's literally been my profile picture since I joined. Here's a write up of the storm if someone more educated than I am wants to compare the h5 setup to this event. From my quick glance they don't look too similar.
http://www.dnr.sc.gov/climate/sco/Publications/12-13 FEB 2010 SNOW EVENT.pdf
What a special storm. Great memory. I was a senior in high school. All snow event, and for once, Columbia was the jackpot. I lived right up the road from the airport which picked up over 8 inches I believe.

I have never seen this kind of hype by local mets in my life!! Ben Dorkinback
Is hyping highs in the 40s and possible snow Monday and Tuesday??!! Normally they wouldn’t even mention it until it was 2 days out! Plus when they hyped up the super mega deathly cold snap, they got burnt by just normal temps! Lol

I have never seen this kind of hype by local mets in my life!! Ben Dorkinback
Is hyping highs in the 40s and possible snow Monday and Tuesday??!! Normally they wouldn’t even mention it until it was 2 days out! Plus when they hyped up the super mega deathly cold snap, they got burnt by just normal temps! Lol

Or did capt munnerlyn get burnt ?

What a special storm. Great memory. I was a senior in high school. All snow event, and for once, Columbia was the jackpot. I lived right up the road from the airport which picked up over 8 inches I believe.
Probably my favorite snowstorm along with January 2011. I remember I was 12 at the time and the only way I knew to check the weather was to obsessively refresh the weather channel for any changes to the forecast. It wasn't until about 2015 that I started reading forums. Shame that now that I know more about how to track storms there aren't any for us.

Probably my favorite snowstorm along with January 2011. I remember I was 12 at the time and the only way I knew to check the weather was to obsessively refresh the weather channel for any changes to the forecast. It wasn't until about 2015 that I started reading forums. Shame that now that I know more about how to track storms there aren't any for us.
That's crazy. I can certainly relate. I remember the couple days leading up to the storm, id leave class and acted like I was using the bathroom and instead I would sneak to the library and check the weather channel to see if the accumulation forecast had gone up or down. haha. Things were different back then, and in a way, more exciting due to little information being provided via internet I guess. I learned ALOT off the Feb 2014 storm here (the last major winter storm Columbia has had). Just the dynamics of that storm, even though it was a sleet fest here, was awesome to learn off of. I remember driving up 77 through that deformation band, to this day I still have never seen it snow that hard. But since then my knowledge of weather and the climate for this area has quadrupled, but like you said, I haven't got anything to test it with since that storm... Which is really sad. Can't wait for the day that I can actually analysis a storm from the comforts of my own home. Got me a weather station and everything, all ready here. Waiting on you, Mother Nature.

Lets hope the GFS doesn't show snow over your area this far out. That can't be good.

Let’s also hope the trough near Newfoundland doesn’t change much or hope it actually strengthens a tad... but remember if the 18z gfs sucks, we toss!!!

That's crazy. I can certainly relate. I remember the couple days leading up to the storm, id leave class and acted like I was using the bathroom and instead I would sneak to the library and check the weather channel to see if the accumulation forecast had gone up or down. haha. Things were different back then, and in a way, more exciting due to little information being provided via internet I guess. I learned ALOT off the Feb 2014 storm here (the last major winter storm Columbia has had). Just the dynamics of that storm, even though it was a sleet fest here, was awesome to learn off of. I remember driving up 77 through that deformation band, to this day I still have never seen it snow that hard. But since then my knowledge of weather and the climate for this area has quadrupled, but like you said, I haven't got anything to test it with since that storm... Which is really sad. Can't wait for the day that I can actually analysis a storm from the comforts of my own home. Got me a weather station and everything, all ready here. Waiting on you, Mother Nature.

Did you use to post here under another pseudonym?

I remember wearing out my cell phone and work computer (when I decided to loaf or during down time) during the February 2010 storm. LOL

Back