• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Nah this is gonna be Western Carolina only by verification
And honestly, this is going to sound bad, but I hope that's the case. If this can't be a nice board wide event where we all get some love, then it can hit the ohio valley for all I care. Sounds selfish, but I'm saying what a lot of people are probably thinking who live in the typical shaft areas. Us down here, we've waited and waited, and it sucks having to sit and watch everyone else having fun. We can't help where we live and have settled down. At the end of the day, we can't revolve our life around weather, the wife wouldn't like that to much.

Nah this is gonna be Western Carolina only by verification

giphy.gif

Lol, of course the first day I come back from a hiatus I cancel winter and suddenly the models bring the fantasy!

Is it real in March for anyone south of I-40? Usually no. But the euro has me curious under 200 hours I admit. It's pretty cold.

Lol, of course the first day I come back from a hiatus I cancel winter and suddenly the models bring the fantasy!

Is it real in March for anyone south of I-40? Usually no. But the euro has me curious under 200 hours I admit. It's pretty cold.

Cmon man, we’re north of CLT, we’re on the good side not the rain/sleet side ?❄️

Honestly when us folks in the deep South along 1-20 and south are going to finally have our chance from Dallas to Atlanta and south... At least people north of 1-20 seen something even in NC... I'm not trying be a Debbie downer towards y'all who did have snow but don't forget about the rest of us who still haven't seen snow all winter and with March only 4 days away

I'm still out, I waved the white flag on this winter and gave up, I'm still done but if by some miraculous chance some unidentifiable white powdery substance falls from the sky next week I'll not enjoy it, I promise "whistling"

Where’s Wilkes tho, there’s a threat and he still hasn’t been around ?!? Maybe we should call 911

Bring on Spring and warmth and I’ll take a shot at Severe weather. I’ll roll over my chips to next year. This is a NC event only if it happens at all. Damn y’all Upper South/ Mid Atlantic people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly when us folks in the deep South along 1-20 and south are going to finally have our chance from Dallas to Atlanta and south... At least people north of 1-20 seen something even in NC... I'm not trying be a Debbie downer towards y'all who did have snow but don't forget about the rest of us who still haven't seen snow all winter and with March only 4 days away
I've said the same thing since being on this board. Lot of people on here are from NC. Not a ton from SC, well Central SC. Shawn speaks for a lot of us, at least being the most knowledgeable when it comes to trying to reel storms in around here.

Severe threat: very close to poof
Snow threat: GONE

I need to find something else to do till late march
Well it's stopped raining every day so it's actually a decent day out for once. I wouldn't say the snow threat is gone quite yet either. Lots of time and as I and other say, it's just one run or data set. It could get better.

Cmon man, we’re north of CLT, we’re on the good side not the rain/sleet side ?❄️

Yeah, I benefited in December for sure, you probably did too. In March that line goes up to Statesville, Greensboro and Winston Salem IMO. Never say never and EURO looks good, but climo says the best is to my north. Still early March too, so yeah. I'm watching, just not even close to getting hopes up.

Any Euro weekly predictions for the SE for weeks 3+? I'm going for mainly warmer than normal though that's not what I want.

I've said the same thing since being on this board. Lot of people on here are from NC. Not a ton from SC, well Central SC. Shawn speaks for a lot of us, at least being the most knowledgeable when it comes to trying to reel storms in around here.

The thing about this is, there could be an argument to more suppression vs what the Euro is showing as it continues to get "colder". If we can get the track of the low across North Central Florida and have a couple things go in our favor, I do not see why at least I-20 and North into the Central Midlands can't get a February of 2010 type of deal.

The Euro is tying to have our 850's a bit too warm with the track of the surface low over Southern GA, but trying to say we'll be 32F at the surface during at least a 0.25 inch of precipitation. March doesn't exactly scream "ice" to me in the Midlands. I think we could go from IP/Rain to IP/Snow to Snow before the end as long as we can get a colder push.. which a lot of our members to the North are not exactly wanting due to precipitation amounts.

Back