• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

The first half of winter we have the trough in the east, only for there to be no cold air anywhere to be found. Now the cold air is available, here comes the SE ridge. I hate 2019!!!!

Bleaklies: we all tie for the win or loss since we all guessed the hottest wx in history for every bleak. The actuals were meh. The N Pac block goes away bleak 3 and so does the -PNA...yay.

Temperatures;
Bleak 3: near normal
Bleak 4: slightly colder than normal and the prior run
Bleaks 5-6: near to slightly warmer than normal

Last edited:
Bleaklies: we all tie for the win or loss since we all guessed the hottest wx in history for every bleak. The actuals were meh. The N Pac block goes away bleak 3 and do does the -PNA...yay.

Temperatures;
Bleak 4: slightly colder than normal

Week three has seemed like the holy grail all winter, too bad Indiana Jones cant find his boots.

Bleaklies: we all tie for the win or loss since we all guessed the hottest wx in history for every bleak. The actuals were meh. The N Pac block goes away bleak 3 and so does the -PNA...yay.

Temperatures;
Bleak 4: slightly colder than normal and the prior run
April 1987 FTW!!!!

One of these years the NAO is actually going to go negative in winter instead of April through October.
-NAO, +PNA, -EPO, -AO, MJO absolutely stuck inside the COD at 8, El Nino, clouds covering the globe, no sunspots for a year, the EURO and GFS and FV3 all in alignment, Tony having worms and gophers ... we can have everything but ... /// ... it'll happen when Ol' Ma Nature says it's time ... 'till then ... here's to the next run of some model ... :cool:

-NAO, +PNA, -EPO, -AO, MJO absolutely stuck inside the COD at 8, El Nino, clouds covering the globe, the EURO and GFS and FV3 all in alignment, Tony having worms and gophers ... we can have everything but ... /// ... it'll happen when Ol' Ma Nature says it's time ... 'till then ... here's to the next run of some model ... :cool:
What kind of model are you talking about?

Incredible setup for the PNW
dbd41208c238e8c82bd874378e290aad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I saw something today that said seattle hasnt had double digit snow in 50 years. Sometimes you just tip your cap and move on

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yup.
Precisely.
Ours (or more precisely yours) is coming ... and it won't be 50 years ... just not the SE's turn to hit a home run this time around ...

I find it incredible that a city that averages around 6" had a winter in 1968-69 where they had 67.5" of snow ! I'm talking about Seattle. The very next winter they had 0" !

I remember it being a post about cities along the East Coast in the Mid Atlantic/Northeast that had less snow than some cities in NC. It blows my mind to think that Seattle will have more snowfall this winter than Boston. I remember seeing the graphic showing Boston with only a little over 2 inches so far this winter, that's insane.

I'm starting to wonder if RDU will go all of 2019 without a single snowflake at all. After the epic December storm we've had none at all so far, and none is in sight. March and December often have no snow at all. I'd say it has at least a 30% chance of happening. Fairly disappointing for what was hyped up to be an epic winter. Our "most below average" February is going great, we hit 79F today...:(

Back