• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I'm starting to wonder if RDU will go all of 2019 without a single snowflake at all. After the epic December storm we've had none at all so far, and none is in sight. March and December often have no snow at all. I'd say it has at least a 30% chance of happening. Fairly disappointing for what was hyped up to be an epic winter. Our "most below average" February is going great, we hit 79F today...:(
December is the new snow month in the south, so i'm sure Raleigh will get some snow next December.

December is the new snow month in the south, so i'm sure Raleigh will get some snow next December.
I highly doubt that. We went all the way from 1959 to 2018 without a single 2"+ event before Christmas. We got absolutely screwed in the December 2017 storm when we had 33 degree rain. I'm willing to guess December will be mostly snowless for us for several years to come based on climatological history.

Its extremely hard to believe right now, but if it was just 4 years ago that relatively late in February, I was well below freezing where I was at for a couple days, and it struggled to hit 34 at home for one of the days, having good Februaries is not impossible anymore. Climate isn't changing THAT freaking fast.

#makefebruariesgreatagain

#maybeIneedtogobacktoNWGeorgiatotriggerthis

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder if RDU will go all of 2019 without a single snowflake at all. After the epic December storm we've had none at all so far, and none is in sight. March and December often have no snow at all. I'd say it has at least a 30% chance of happening. Fairly disappointing for what was hyped up to be an epic winter. Our "most below average" February is going great, we hit 79F today...:(
That would certainly be impressive. I honestly believe we get something by mid March. If we don't i could see 0 for 2019 I think next december is warm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Even if it's not global warming, it might as well be, because if/when we return to the ice age, we'll just spend eternity under the SE ridge.

My air went out today. Heat pump. It comes on, but it doesn’t blow out of the vent with any force. Both the heat setting and air setting does the same. A little bit of air comes out but not much. Ug. At least it’s not too hot or cold. I wonder if it’s like a capacitor or something?

My air went out today. Heat pump. It comes on, but it doesn’t blow out of the vent with any force. Both the heat setting and air setting does the same. A little bit of air comes out but not much. Ug. At least it’s not too hot or cold. I wonder if it’s like a capacitor or something?

Is your fan working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's a correlation or not, but one thing I've notice with evergreens since about 2010 is when they have a good amount of white berries in the late summer and fall, the ensuing winter has been cold, but if they're simply green with little to no berries, the ensuing winter has been very warm. Yes, the evergreens (or vast majority of them) had almost no white berries at all back in the fall. I should have known.

Is your fan working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it seems to be. I turned it off for a couple hours and turned it back on. Now it’s blowing properly. I’m thinking maybe low on refrigerant?

Just had a Ruth’s Chris filet and I’m officially in the hole here at the Indian reservation. Balmy 66 up here on the mountain. Unreal

Can be a capacitor, getting stuck in on position, had that happen before. Most likely need Freon topoff, or just a service and coil cleaning!? Should be able to get a pre season special maybe!?

Back