• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I honestly have a feeling that March 2009 is going to repeat itself this year, but since I have a car and a possible buddy that would agree to the circumstances, I'm getting in my car and driving to a good spot that's close to try to see thundersnow.
This, for some reason, has the feel of a winter that ends with a ULL paste bomb (2004, 2009). I wouldn't be surprised.

Are weather meltdowns reserved exclusively for winter time ? I don't recall seeing them as much the rest of the year ?
Nope. I've seen tropical weather enthusiasts on Weather Underground melting down when the Atlantic MDR is covered with a SAL outbreak in August and a hurricane hasn't formed yet.

Nope. I've seen tropical weather enthusiasts on Weather Underground melting down when the Atlantic MDR is covered with a SAL outbreak in August and a hurricane hasn't formed yet.

That’s even worse. Meltdowns over something not occurring that often kills and does a lot of damage to others. That’s plain sick and very selfish. I wonder how those same folks would act if their loved one were killed in a hurricane.

First week of Feb and the bullfrogs sounding off like its April. Loud as Ive ever heard them.
When bullfrogs raise a mid-winter song
A fall of snow will soon be along

Last edited:
How much money you got? A lot
How many problems you got? A lot
How many people done doubted you? A lot
Left you out to rot? A lot
How many pray that you flop? A lot

Those versus from 21 right there described what many people want To happen to you, they don’t wanna see you make it, but let them keep doubting you, at the end of the day keep on striving and you will look down at them ?

Is my prediction coming true? Maybe, still too far out. Nice to see never the less. Also, winter may NOT be over. Don't let your guard down.
9e3da79bc160c1d4972adbe9207b9f67.jpg

Last edited:
I've been lurking in this thread for a couple days. We're a great community here. It's sad that so many of us feel the need to meltdown and vent over the lack of winter. I do get the frustration. I felt it keenly when the promised 2 inches of snow a few weeks ago fizzled into barely a dusting after just one hour of light snow at the back of the front. I also am well aware that for us in the south, if winter doesn't deliver much in the way of cold and snow that we have at least 9 months of stifling heat and suffocating humidity to look forward to, with all the nasty critters that come with the said heat. This post isn't really directed at anyone in particular btw. Just my thoughts on the topic.

I'm starting to think that this may possibly be a year where March ends up averaging cooler than February. If there is a definition of torture for anyone that loves weather, the pattern this week checks all the boxes.

Back