• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

This produced the ice storm that helped 8 year old me realize that ice was bad:

1549340686138.png

although I did just notice when looking again for the umpteenth time that there's another weaker LP system that is south. That was likely what caused the ice storm.

funny thing is, come to think of it when thinking about ice I recently remembered that within the 04-05 period I had 3 icing events. This one I remember the most, but I think I can drum up memories from the other two. One was the day after Christmas in 2004, and the other was the one that was the mother for Atlanta-Athens in January 2005.

Last edited:
What is easily the most interesting thing from that ice storm is for multiple periods when I look at wunderground, I had freezing rain and thunderstorms.

Then youngster me thought that I was hearing trees falling when I was walking into the gym in school, while trees were falling, I realized when I first looked at that on wundergorund, that there was a good chance I was actually hearing thunder.

Winter has been over it never really started just think about all the melt downs that's going on throughout the US... I never imagine that this winter was going to be this bad but boy was I surprised hey at least we all can learn from this meltdown of a winter and thank mother nature for saving us winter lovers from total eruption

@GaWx , I can't seem to find the data currently.. do you happen to know the amount of ice that occured for the CAE area in Feb of 1969?

Winter has been over it never really started just think about all the melt downs that's going on throughout the US... I never imagine that this winter was going to be this bad but boy was I surprised hey at least we all can learn from this meltdown of a winter and thank mother nature for saving us winter lovers from total eruption

At some point, I expect something to pop up around I-20(deep south). It happens every year, even in the worst Winters. I can't exactly pin point it right now though. I feel like it's going to come towards a pattern change, with the SE ridge (for a while at least) to be backing off across the EPS, I am willing to bet it's going to come during the start of that backoff period.

For example to my above post, this is a worthless map, but we haven't had "this" as a legit threat yet. It's slightly late, for peak climo around here, but the track is almost perfect in regards to giving I-20 large snows. I am wondering if we start to see a look like this during that relax period a bit sooner than Feb 21.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52.png

For example to my above post, this is a worthless map, but we haven't had "this" as a legit threat yet. It's slightly late, for peak climo around here, but the track is almost perfect in regards to giving I-20 large snows. I am wondering if we start to see a look like this during that relax period a bit sooner than Feb 21.

View attachment 14938
I agree too we typically do get (not every winter) some winter weather around relax period especially during a small pattern change but timing is everything... My main focus this winter was will the models do better with consistency than last winter??? yes the global models have shown fantasy winter weather potential in the south but the key is known besides the December storm and the cold chasing moisture storm only came to fruition... I do believe that if we do get a winter storm before spring it will come when we least expect it... But the way this El nino is starting to shape up I do have my concerns leading into early spring severe season...

Had a cardio ablation today yo try to get ny heart right! In rythen todat???! It sucked and caused immenxsvamout of pain! Still out of it and took five hours longe than normal to wake up. It send to be s success, but if you never had a peniss catheter, sweet baby heebus???!

Had a cardio ablation today yo try to get ny heart right! In rythen todat???! It sucked and caused immenxsvamout of pain! Still out of it and took five hours longe than normal to wake up. It send to be s success, but if you never had a peniss catheter, sweet baby heebus???!

I thought you seemed quiet here today. I’m glad it was a success!Yes, I’ve had catheters and I’ll just say “major ouch”!! Now that you’re doing better, you can finally take your cruise and bring winter back!

I thought you seemed quiet here today. I’m glad it was a success!Yes, I’ve had catheters and I’ll just say “major ouch”!! Now that you’re doing better, you can finally take your cruise and bring winter back!
I’m waiting, it’s pushed back to March 24/25 as of now?! The models do not offer much hope, but if we score a coup on 10th, that would be awesome!

Hope the procedure was successful!

giphy.gif

I’m waiting, it’s pushed back to March 24/25 as of now?! The models do not offer much hope, but if we score a coup on 10th, that would be awesome!

Your cruise is now not til 3/24-5 meaning we have to wait that long for winter to return? Well, there’s always the super rare April snow to hope for I guess! It has snowed and accumulated as late as 4/25 in ATL believe it or not (over 1”)!

Hope the procedure was successful!

giphy.gif
Went 90% well! Have to stay an extra night tonight, to check on a few things more, so y’all keep up the positive vibes and reel in that ice storm this weekend and positive Webber posts! I have a great window, so I can watch my mid 70s , cloudless skies! :(

Went 90% well! Have to stay an extra night tonight, to check on a few things more, so y’all keep up the positive vibes and reel in that ice storm this weekend and positive Webber posts! I have a great window, so I can watch my mid 70s , cloudless skies! :(
3149B9CD-2D9D-4BD4-BC0B-A9F1D2671125.gif
78AE1EE4-C55A-49B8-9975-2D231EEA949C.gif

Any NBA fans here? I watch games every now and then, but make sure to watch the playoffs. I think the league would be better if they only played 58 games, and every team plays each other twice, once at home and once away. Then you can get rid of conferences and just have the top 16 teams in the playoffs.

Back