• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Marietta has a much better chance of accumulation tomorrow. I wouldn't risk it.

Yea NW Atlanta has the greatest risk for sure. David Chandley said on radio today this isn’t going to much from most of a ATL, excepts no major road issues. He seemed surprised schools got cancelled so fast and didn’t wait until tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The NWS has temps falling to 30 by 1pm for your area tomorrow. I wouldn't stay at work knowing there is a risk of black ice regardless of how much snow falls.
Thanks. That's what I'm most afraid of is black ice. I can handle snow. So many businesses around marietta are closing but not mine.

Yea NW Atlanta has the greatest risk for sure. David Chandley said on radio today this isn’t going to much from most of a ATL, excepts no major road issues. He seemed surprised schools got cancelled so fast and didn’t wait until tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah canceling school so early especially in the city is kind of surprising.

I hope y’all get snow as deep as the salt in the storm thread!??! That looks like a slam dunk 12-18”

I will be bigly pissed if I don’t see at least one flurry fall from the sky after the dry frontal passage moves through SC

[QUO
hrrr_asnow_seus_18.png
TE="Snowflowxxl, post: 156035, member: 188"]Atlanta is beyond screwed. Im expecting about 15 minuets of moderate flurries.[/QUOTE]

Poor Bill Murray over at AlabamWx. He got all kind of confused:
The NWS in Birmingham has extended the Winter Storm Watch to include Bibb, Calhoun, Clay, Cleburne, Greene, Hale, Randolph, Shelby, Sumter, and Talladega.

The other counties in the warning include: Blount, Cherokee, Etowah, Fayette, Jefferson, Lamar, Marion, Pickens, St. Clair, Tuscaloosa, Walker, and Winston.

The Winter Weather Advisory continues for Autauga, Chambers, Chilton, Coosa, Dallas, Elmore, Marengo, Perry, and Tallapoosa Counties.

The warning and the advisory are in effect until 12 noon CST on Tuesday.

Back