• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Got my IFTTT LIFX lights to blink blue when it’s snowing in south Charlotte. Still...waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

models are straight trash. Just 48 hours ago goofus was giving me winter storm Waring criteria snow. Now absolutely nothing. You would think if we could put a man on the moon we could build a decent model. I know their are alot of moving parts in the atmosphere but this is just pitiful

So maybe JB was right about something? I know he over hypes the cold but he is more knowledgeable then 100% of the people on this site.

Lol!

Mods, feel free to move my post to banter, if it’s banter.

Oh wait. NM I’ve got it.

Am I wrong with this statement? He is pretty dang smart even though he over hyped cold and snow.

He’s smart, but it’s hard to know whether he’s smarter than 100% of the posters on this board. That might be reaching just a little. I imagine there are some smart people here.

He’s smart, but it’s hard to know whether he’s smarter than 100% of the posters on this board. I imagine there are some smart people here.

I meant no offense by my statement, I was talking about his years as a meteorologist etc... he has researched and seen more then most of us and graduated from a dang good Met College with fantasy degrees. It’s a job for him and not a hobby so he spends more time that’s all.

I meant no offense by my statement, I was talking about his years as a meteorologist etc... he has researched and seen more then most of us and graduated from a dang good Met College with fantasy degrees. It’s a job for him and not a hobby so he spends more time that’s all.

I gotcha. I think I’m pretty fair-minded when it comes to JB. People seem to love him or hate him. And it’s easy to see why. He’s a heavy hitter and swings for the fences. Sometimes he parks it and sometimes he fouls out. But he’s quite boisterous either way and sometimes has difficulty with being wrong. He’s kind of a bit of a hypster. I don’t mind it because I’m pretty good with filtering out the hype parts.

I think he’s entertaining and smart and well-researched, and I enjoy hearing what he has to say. I respect his work ethic, but that doesn’t mean he’s above criticism, when warranted. Some go out of their way to criticize him, which is silly. I think part of it has to do with his very public political views and his views on climate change.

Personally, I think it’s possible to separate his forecasting and weather products from those other things and value or critique them on their own merits. But to each his own, I guess.

I feel bad for the ATL NWS. They sounded the alarms and now everyone is out of school and work. Most of GA might end up not seeing a flake tomorrow.

Still have to wait another 15hrs. before I throw up a white flag on this system, but sometimes you nail it and sometimes you bust and bust HARD just like January 2017, two years later and that one still gets my blood boiling hot. February 2015 sucked too, but we went in a few days prior knowing that was going to be FAIL here. With tomorrow, I feel like we were somewhat blindsided within the last 18hrs that this potentially will be nothing here. I was feeling pretty confident up until then, now I say let the dominos feel wherever they may. Life goes on. If no snow this year, there's always 2019-2020.

If I see one more post about how fantastic the weeklies look at week 3+, I’m going to gouge my pooping eyeballs out! Patterns repeat, if it’s been ----, it’s going to be ----!

If I see one more post about how fantastic the weeklies look at week 3+, I’m going to gouge my pooping eyeballs out! Patterns repeat, if it’s been ----, it’s going to be ----!

Weeklies don't really look good until week 5. I believe them now.

Lol, rc got you moved....lol

Fook me! A valentines special? Underestimating the wedge! Miller B for the win! #DEATHLYBC2AD8DD-6B1B-4822-8D80-294C03192CB7.png

Back