• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

(I'm on tapa, and I couldn't find the political thread.)

But, the Gov. shut down is affecting airports. Some airports has had an increase of TSA call outs. The lack of TSA screeners at airports mean a higher risk of vulnerability.

(I'm on tapa, and I couldn't find the political thread.)

But, the Gov. shut down is affecting airports. Some airports has had an increase of TSA call outs. The lack of TSA screeners at airports mean a higher risk of vulnerability.

I'm hoping this is a short term thing and not months or years. I've read alot about this last night, to my understanding the Democrat needs to loan the money over? I'm not sure if this will effect tax returns as some say in the article that it could but most likely not. Will see how things go

I'm hoping this is a short term thing and not months or years. I've read alot about this last night, to my understanding the Democrat needs to loan the money over? I'm not sure if this will effect tax returns as some say in the article that it could but most likely not. Will see how things go
Trump closed the Gov. due to the Dems not approving the funding bill for the border wall/fence. Yes, the Gov. shut down may impact tax returns. Some may get their tax returns months later. If the Gov. shut down continues for many, many more weeks, there will be economy impacts. Trump is all about "improving" the economy, but he is also putting the economy at a risk of impacts over a border wall, which is extreme to an extent.

They’re pressuring him. Dems want to see him squirm because the dems finally have the house. They will not move to impeach, trust me on that. We are 2 years away from election, probably 6 months to a year away from campaigning. Impeachment takes a long time....the dems would rather try to win in 2020. If not, they can always move to impeach later if mueller finds something. Trying to move to impeach right now would be absolutely idiotic and in poor taste, they’re simply not there yet and there’s no real evidence to move on, at least not enough reason to get the votes. What you’re seeing now is for show. The real story is mueller, 2020 and post 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not that issue that just confuses me with their tactics. It is the idiot who filed to remove the EC. I understand issues with the EC and have some myself, but that is idiotic to try that the first few days in office. Democrats need to stonewall that idiot. If it gains traction just to stay in the news, Rebublican turn out will be huge next election.

Last edited:
Could be much to do about nothing what a response from Cohan

LOL...that's what I thought to. In a single sentence Cohen went from, how dare you say it won't work to...to it could be weeks away...to yeah it could be nothing.

Right now and for the next couple of weeks the mSSW has been and will be a hinderance. After...who knows, we will see.

Just a “by the way” on a couple of things, people have really strong opinions when it comes to politics. Things can get heated pretty quick. Let’s try and remember that. I tried to keep my comments sort of neutral. Let’s try not to get into a bashing type of a conversation toward one side or the other. If we can avoid that, a little objective discussion is probably ok. If it starts to devolve, we’ll need to shut it down quickly here and take it to PM.

I agree. I didnt make my comment to start debate, it just hit me again how it seems when one party gets momentum, they go stupid. I agree with your other post its all NWO/WCW and we are the paying spectators.

I just can’t wait for our first threat and we hear about how warm it’s been and ground temps from the local Mets

I just can’t wait for MY first threat.

Ground temps will have plenty of time to warm between now and Feb 2020!

I just can’t wait for our first threat and we hear about how warm it’s been and ground temps from the local Mets

That kills me every year. I literally have a video of a local met with 6” Euro totals on the screen from the night before saying its bs because the ground is too warm and snow will melt initially. We got 6-12” in the triangle.

It just sucks that the colder pattern happens right around the time average temps and sun angle start increasing. By the end of Feb avg temps in Atlanta are in the 60s so it's gotta be much colder than normal to get snow ! Plus it almost never snows after Valentines Day in the deep south unless you get one of those freak ULL's or a storm like 93.

That kills me every year. I literally have a video of a local met with 6” Euro totals on the screen from the night before saying its bs because the ground is too warm and snow will melt initially. We got 6-12” in the triangle.

I just don’t understand it but . You would think after getting burned a few times they would approach things differently .

I would love to test the ground temps theory...let's just have it pouring snow for 8-10 hours in Raleigh and we will see if it sticks :p

Reactions: Jon

Me neither. I'm ready. My ground was mid 40s at the start of my 8" snowfall in December. Surface temps below freezing and rates overcome ground temps.

Back