• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I'm going to stop you right there on the first sentence. I think we should wait a week.

Let's have someone from AL or GA fire this one up and bring that down here this time. ;)

Definitely! I think we need another 10 days to elect someone. This has to be handled just right.

Agree on AL/GA person. The Carolinas have been sucking wind on thread creation.

*fp* hopefully the general idea on the GEFS looks different as I don't think any of us want to see this look a week from now heading into February:

View attachment 11359

It’s ok, it’s a step down process! Seattle and Portland get snow first, then we get our rain

Late in the run on the ensembles the trough will be even further east than yesterday’s run. We are losing this thing no doubt about it

*fp* hopefully the general idea on the GEFS looks different as I don't think any of us want to see this look a week from now heading into February:

View attachment 11359

Matches up with MJO path. Painful.

JanENMJOphase6gt12mT.gif

Here are the issues;) with our lack of winter (in no particular order ...):

Latitude: How can it actually snow here when you look at our latitude?
Global Warming
Hole in the Ozone
Alabama not winning the football national championship.
Super Wolf Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse
Joe Bastardi
James Spann
Last and probably the main reason, sun angle.

Hang in there everyone ... one day we will get there!

Here are the issues;) with our lack of winter (in no particular order ...):

Latitude: How can it actually snow here when you look at our latitude?
Global Warming
Hole in the Ozone
Alabama not winning the football national championship.
Super Wolf Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse
Joe Bastardi
James Spann
Last and probably the main reason, sun angle.

Hang in there everyone ... one day we will get there!
Yeah some people forget most of the south is at the same latitude is North Africa.

Alright, who is going to create the Feb thread. Brick is forever banner from creating a thread unless it’s tracking summer heat. I can criticize because I have terrible mojo too and will never create a winter/snow thread.
I will start it and it will snow. That is a Cold Rain guarantee.

“Don’t worry guys it’s just one operational run not taking into account all of the variables.”

Smh I’m starting to think our 2 shots to actually score, our one teeny tiny window, is coming in the form of two big cutters. We missed the mark. Snowpack to our north will be gone in the next 2 weeks. This winter is shot all to hell. I hate to see you go but love to watch you leave 8659FBB6-5E06-45E2-B38E-F4B9A7BBCC9A.png

“Don’t worry guys it’s just one operational run not taking into account all of the variables.”

Smh I’m starting to think our 2 shots to actually score, our one teeny tiny window, is coming in the form of to big cutters. We missed the mark. Snowpack to our north will be gone in the next 2 weeks. This winter is shot all to hell. I hate to see you go but love to watch you leave View attachment 11363
Yeah gonna,be a huge snowpack to the north the next week. Would be nice to score before that melts.

In winters like this, I say, if the snow doesn't come to you, go to the snow. Sometimes, that's just a simple drive. I may have to fly this time. I have a butt load of Skymiles so that's good.

....and yeah, I hate to say it but that solution at the end of the GFS run is always more believable than when it shows us Minnesota cold. Just the way it is..........

Back