• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Well I guess I will go ahead and share with you guys. I been having back problems (disc protrusion on L4-S1) off and on for about 7 years now. My back has been giving me problems again for about 3 months ever since having to take care of my mother before she passed away in November. Well I have tried getting epidurals in the back 3 times and didn’t help. So, I went back to the doctor yesterday and he tells me he is going to send me to a surgeon to see about doing a diskectomy. Has anyone ever had this done and how was the outcome of it? How long did it take to get better?
I had a micro discectomy and hemi lamenectomy on L4/L5 first week of March last year. I had severe sciatica down my right leg from 12/24/17 until I woke up after the surgery, then it was gone.

I had soreness at the surgical site for about six weeks and muscle soreness on the opposite side in the evening if I cut grass or worked the back at all until November. Next day I would be fine. I have been deer hunting hard since mid December and I'm doing great: long walks in and climbing trees. Occasionally would get that soreness on my walk back to the truck but would go away after about an hour.

Currently posting from 25 feet up a tree after a quarter mile walk in with 28 lbs on my back. I wish I hadn't waited three months to see if I would heal on my own. My advice is see a good neurosurgeon and get it done, life's too short.

On a side note coldest morning of the season. 22 in the low spots driving here, 26 where I parked.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I had a micro discectomy and hemi lamenectomy on L4/L5 first week of March last year. I had severe sciatica down my right leg from 12/24/17 until I woke up after the surgery, then it was gone.

I had soreness at the surgical site for about six weeks and muscle soreness on the opposite side in the evening if I cut grass or worked the back at all until November. Next day I would be fine. I have been deer hunting hard since mid December and I'm doing great: long walks in and climbing trees. Occasionally would get that soreness on my walk back to the truck but would go away after about an hour.

Currently posting from 25 feet up a tree after a quarter mile walk in with 28 lbs on my back. I wish I hadn't waited three months to see if I would heal on my own. My advice is see a good neurosurgeon and get it done, life's too short.

On a side note coldest morning of the season. 22 in the low spots driving here, 26 where I parked.

Thanks for the info!!!! I think I will be happier after I get it done. I am sure it will be a month or so wait until get me to see the surgeon.
Good luck with that cold hunt... lol. That’s why I enjoy going to my father-in-law get away home in Tennessee. I can hunt in shorts since hunting season starts around the 23rd of September.
Didn’t get to hunt much the past season dued to caring for my mother before she passed. Also I see your from Florence. Kinda sounds like your hunting the Refuge or Bankhead..

I hurt my back in Germany around July of 2017. I was miserable and couldn't sit, only lay on my stomach or hands and knees. Did physical therapy and only got worse. Military Dr's sent me back home. MRI showed a rupture at L5-S1. Did one epidural injection with no luck and then had a microdiscectomy. I felt INSTANT relief that night in the hospital. I haven't had any further back pain since. I was back running in about three weeks and returned to work after a month and a half.

Thank you for telling me.

After seeing you guys stories, I wish I would have went this route sooner. It’s defitnely been missable for me off and on for the past 7 years.

And a few people earlier today were giving Brick hell for saying we keep pushing things back lol those comments didn’t age well

I don't get why all of a sudden people act like when folks say we keep pushing things back that they are talking about the pattern and not the actual storms. I don't care what the pattern is if it doesn't produce winter storms for me. The pattern in early December was not better than normal for winter storms and I still got close to 10 inches of snow. I dont't care if it is cold for a long time if we don't have any winter storms to go with it. We have always talked about things being pushed back as the actual storms showing on the models being more than 7 days away, and then when we get inside 7 days they turn to rain or there is no system at all. Last week we were looking at winter storms on the op runs for the 20th, 23rd, and 28th. Now all of those are rain or gone. It is the actual storms that keep getting pushed back, and you can only go so long with the ops not showing anything for your backyard and still believe the ensembles.

Thanks for the info!!!! I think I will be happier after I get it done. I am sure it will be a month or so wait until get me to see the surgeon.
Good luck with that cold hunt... lol. That’s why I enjoy going to my father-in-law get away home in Tennessee. I can hunt in shorts since hunting season starts around the 23rd of September.
Didn’t get to hunt much the past season dued to caring for my mother before she passed. Also I see your from Florence. Kinda sounds like your hunting the Refuge or Bankhead..
Freedom Hills. Waterloo my home turf but rut is done there. Getting close to prime time here. Thanks for the luck. Squirrel city atm.

Freedom Hills. Waterloo my home turf but rut is done there. Getting close to prime time here. Thanks for the luck. Squirrel city atm.

Yea the squirrel drive me crazy. Lol. Usually I see more deer on the frosty morning like this. They tend to move better. Especially around 8 after the frost burns off. ????

I don't get why all of a sudden people act like when folks say we keep pushing things back that they are talking about the pattern and not the actual storms. I don't care what the pattern is if it doesn't produce winter storms for me. The pattern in early December was not better than normal for winter storms and I still got close to 10 inches of snow. I dont't care if it is cold for a long time if we don't have any winter storms to go with it. We have always talked about things being pushed back as the actual storms showing on the models being more than 7 days away, and then when we get inside 7 days they turn to rain or there is no system at all. Last week we were looking at winter storms on the op runs for the 20th, 23rd, and 28th. Now all of those are rain or gone. It is the actual storms that keep getting pushed back, and you can only go so long with the ops not showing anything for your backyard and still believe the ensembles.
When a storm shows up at 216 240 340 384 and surface maps show the frozen line into the southeast then over the next 7 days those storm signals keep showing up but they are now cutters and massive rain storms up and down the east coast I would agree that’s pushing things back

Yea the squirrel drive me crazy. Lol. Usually I see more deer on the frosty morning like this. They tend to move better. Especially around 8 after the frost burns off.
Yep. Glad it's a sunny day. Already starting to warm a bit.

You should put this as your signature and stay out of the pattern discussion threads.

You should put this as your signature and stay out of the pattern discussion threads.
Got eem
a9de40f4abddf168267b0d2c1f5ccc46.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back