• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I don't think we'd ever get a snow that's truly perfect for everybody, so the best to hope for is a January 2011 type storm (maybe 1/28/14 as well to an extent). Honestly wouldn't mind having a 2011 like storm, I didn't appreciate it as a teen but it was more interesting than 15 year old me saw it.

Even Jan 2011 screwed Raleigh. It'd actually make some sense to have a similar storm to that if/when more chances happen.

(would post this in the January thread but imo, this is banter lol)

I can't handle so much negativity, I will stay on the January blog and not banter until spring. This is banter, so everyone has there on intake, but why all negative comments every damn time I come in here, it getting old very fast, maybe for once if there's any positive through the bad times than maybe things will change for the better.

Banter is for banter. Whether it be negative or positive, if your not attacking anyone, you say what you please!

You're creating a fake argument. When was the last time we were in a really great snowstorm pattern? Let's talk specifics.

Maybe the models are showing fake patterns that look great and never materialize. That could be more accurate. So, maybe it is not the great pattern that doesn't produce, but it is the hype of the great pattern that never actually forms.

We're going to try something new. You ought to be able to complain about the weather without getting your complaints complained about. To that end, the staff has agreed that a new thread should be created and dedicated to just that purpose. Feel free to use this thread as an outlet for complaining about, lamenting over, cancelling, or taunting specific model runs, pattern changes, or the weather in general. Also, if you want to gripe about TV or other weather outlets, feel free to do so right here. Let's just try and not go over the top.

The rules of the road:

1) All complaining needs to be done in here. If it's in here, you're good. If it's out there, it will be moved in here. The staff will help out with that for a while, until we get the hang of it.

2) No complaining about other posters. If you have a problem with another poster, please PM the staff.

3) No jabs at someone's analysis in the main threads. Winter might suck for you and me for the rest of our lives. But if someone wants to analyze the pattern or a storm threat and talk about legitimate ways it might work out, let's not have any passive-aggressive swipes at their comments.

4) The Pattern and Storm threads are for pattern and storm analysis and discussion.

5) The Banter thread is for friendly conversations about whatever else we want to talk about.

As always, if you don't like reading comments by a specific poster, please utilize the Ignore feature. It works great.

As a side note, weather is supposed to be fun. Sometimes, it's frustrating. But generally, it should be fun. If it makes you miserable most of the time, it might not be the best hobby to engage in. That said, we all get frustrated with it...sometimes. So let's please take the frustrations out here and use the other threads for more constructive dialogue.

Thanks, and have at it!

I'll get us started. Better hope the end of the GFS is wrong. And by the time all is said and done, we will probably have spent 70% of the winter in the bad MJO phases. #tendaysout

Maybe the models are showing fake patterns that look great and never materialize. That could be more accurate. So, maybe it is not the great pattern that doesn't produce, but it is the hype of the great pattern that never actually forms.
Bingo!

The 12z FV3 looks like how I would expect the winter to progress down here. Warm up, rain, cold for a day, warm up just in time for rain, cold again.... oh maybe the cold will stick it out for a few days to wait on the gulf low? Nope. Warms up just enough for rain.

loooky here, it's now March 1st! Goodbye! Thanks for playing winter weather roulette in the South!

I hate John Cessarich, Kendra Kent, Dale Gilbert and all the local weekend mets!! Chris Justus, is hanging on by a thread, and Nicole Papay, is just bangin’, I never HEAR her forecast anyway!!

I just looked at the 12z GFS and omg @ the parade of cutters. I swear it gets worse every run. I mean yeah I’m negative lately but why sugarcoat anything? We can’t be frustrated? We have to be optimistic because the 300hr Euro/GFS combo shows a greenland block? Because the 384hr GEFS gives us a 1.5” snow mean? GRIEF. I’ve only been below freezing twice since Christmas. TWICE...in the heart of winter..two times..one...two

I'll get us started. Better hope the end of the GFS is wrong. And by the time all is said and done, we will probably have spent 70% of the winter in the bad MJO phases. #tendaysout

It’s all noise at this range! Hug the ensembles!

I hate John Cessarich, Kendra Kent, Dale Gilbert and all the local weekend mets!! Chris Justus, is hanging on by a thread, and Nicole Papay, is just bangin’, I never HEAR her forecast anyway!!
I want Sarah Fortner to be chief when JC retires. Man she is a smoke show. We can’t let her go anywhere ?

We're going to try something new. You ought to be able to complain about the weather without getting your complaints complained about. To that end, the staff has agreed that a new thread should be created and dedicated to just that purpose. Feel free to use this thread as an outlet for complaining about, lamenting over, cancelling, or taunting specific model runs, pattern changes, or the weather in general. Also, if you want to gripe about TV or other weather outlets, feel free to do so right here. Let's just try and not go over the top.

The rules of the road:

1) All complaining needs to be done in here. If it's in here, you're good. If it's out there, it will be moved in here. The staff will help out with that for a while, until we get the hang of it.

2) No complaining about other posters. If you have a problem with another poster, please PM the staff.

3) No jabs at someone's analysis in the main threads. Winter might suck for you and me for the rest of our lives. But if someone wants to analyze the pattern or a storm threat and talk about legitimate ways it might work out, let's not have any passive-aggressive swipes at their comments.

4) The Pattern and Storm threads are for pattern and storm analysis and discussion.

5) The Banter thread is for friendly conversations about whatever else we want to talk about.

As always, if you don't like reading comments by a specific poster, please utilize the Ignore feature. It works great.

As a side note, weather is supposed to be fun. Sometimes, it's frustrating. But generally, it should be fun. If it makes you miserable most of the time, it might not be the best hobby to engage in. That said, we all get frustrated with it...sometimes. So let's please take the frustrations out here and use the other threads for more constructive dialogue.

Thanks, and have at it!
Perfect idea!!!! ;):cool::)

I just looked at the 12z GFS and omg @ the parade of cutters. I swear it gets worse every run. I mean yeah I’m negative lately but why sugarcoat anything? We can’t be frustrated? We have to be optimistic because the 300hr Euro/GFS combo shows a greenland block? Because the 384hr GEFS gives us a 1.5” snow mean? GRIEF. I’ve only been below freezing twice since Christmas. TWICE...in the heart of winter..two times..one...two
It's frustrating. You can be frustrated. This thread is not for sugarcoating or optimism

Back