• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forsythdude, you need a break man.... I'm under your skin and you want to ban me so hard...
Just be nice. It's a pretty easy, and surprisingly normal, thing to do.

Even American doesn’t allow f word outside of the separate political forum. I don’t know of any wx forum that allows it. I’m mainly concerned about kids though there is no reason why it should be in posts, regardless. I’m admittedly not a fan of profanity, myself, in general and use it only rarely (when losing my cool). But I still have never used full f in wx posts though I probably have typed “cf” a time or 2. Be that as it may, I vote for only deletion of posts (or maybe just mod of f word in the posts) and no banning unless he carries on about it. Banning could just make the poster a martyr of sorts. It may be best not to make too big a deal about this and move on. Then again, easy for me to say I guess. Maybe he was drunk?

Man I wish a hurricane was over Miami right now!! What a clown move by a sorry*ss team with nothing to gain.
I'm still heated after last night and if I ever see Urena in an airport I would pretend to be a fan and squeeze the crap out of his hand. Maybe someone will do that for me and it will screw up his game.

That hit on Acuna was unnecessary and not cool. I’m glad the pitcher got ejected and I hope he gets suspended for his actions.

That hit on Acuna was unnecessary and not cool. I’m glad the pitcher got ejected and I hope he gets suspended for his actions.
I'm pretty sure he will get suspended for a while. No excuse for his actions at all.

To be honest I've never looked at the banned word filter so I was unaware. I will get that cleaned up soon, in the meantime can we just play nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I can’t play nice, until it rains!

It may be best not to make too big a deal about this and move on. Then again, easy for me to say I guess.
Exactly the approach I am taking.
To be honest I've never looked at the banned word filter so I was unaware. I will get that cleaned up soon, in the meantime can we just play nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah we should get that up. There are certain words that nobody can use on here and the F word is one. Once a filter is in place it should be where the post has to be free of that word or it's not allowed.

well ----**k easy to get around those filters... people just need to grow up and accept swear words can be used in legitimate conversation. What is this place, church?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone does have real issues. This is not Church, it is a weather blog, but no one should have to hear/read such vile and offensive language when reading a weather blog. Especially when I have taught my children to read this blog for the best, most knowledgeable, and entertaining info about weather. I am no child and have certainly been in times and places (usually the locker room) where it is accepted. But this is not the place.

Come on Man!

Someone does have real issues. This is not Church, it is a weather blog, but no one should have to hear/read such vile and offensive language when reading a weather blog. Especially when I have taught my children to read this blog for the best, most knowledgeable, and entertaining info about weather. I am no child and have certainly been in times and places (usually the locker room) where it is accepted. But this is not the place.

Come on Man!
I agree. We try to keep it enjoyable here and if it gets met with foul language and whining about the rules we have had in place then we have to hand out warnings.

Anyone seen the story about the guy that killed his pregnant wife and two kids in Colorado? They were both from NC. Just horrible and evil. I don't get how a man could do that. I saw where they were having money problems. Not sure if that made him snap or what. The wife was one of those Thrive people, which seems like a pyramid scheme to me. She had just come back from some Thrive event in Arizona when he reported her missing. I looked on her Facebook page, and she had a really eerie post on there last week. It was a pic if a 3 foot doll that her kids had covered with a sheet like it was dead, and she and people were joking about finding the body. It was like her kids knew it was going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back