• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well ----**k easy to get around those filters... people just need to grow up and accept swear words can be used in legitimate conversation. What is this place, church?
Takes a real grown up to carry on legitimate conversation without vulgarity.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

what doesn't sound 'grown up' is using silly words in place of curse words... We all know what the silly word actually represents so why not be GROWN UPS and use those words in a free and normal fashion. Most people are fine with cussing. Only uptight, overly moralistic watchdogs tend to actually care. You can have the rules, but your rules are stupid, and I won't hesitate to point it out.

Last edited:
what doesn't sound 'grown up' is using silly words in place of curse words... We all know what the silly word actually represents so why not be GROWN UPS and use those words in a free and normal fashion. Most people are fine with cussing. Only uptight, overly moralistic watchdogs tend to actually care. You can have the rules, but your rules are stupid, and I won't hesitate to point it out.

tenor.gif

Dude I really like you as a poster here and would hate to see you get banned. Just relax and move on. Not everything in life can please everyone.

people keep responding to the topic... why am I the only one who can't respond and defend myself? Oh well...

So, am I the only one who's worried about how "poopy" the models seem to be doing. I hope it changes before winter or all heck will break loose :p

well ----**k easy to get around those filters... people just need to grow up and accept swear words can be used in legitimate conversation. What is this place, church?

No this isn’t church AND my guess would be that most on here don’t care for how you are choosing to use your choice of words. You are also entitled to defend yourself in a grown-up fashion. We try to go out of our way not to ban people and we will do so if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

people keep responding to the topic... why am I the only one who can't respond and defend myself? Oh well...

Because whining because you can't cuss on a forum where everyone frowns upon it is as juvenile as whining to mommy that its not fair that you can't fart or burp at the kitchen table .

Apparently the accuweather forums are shutting down, which is sad because they were like the big competitor to American.

Daaannnnnnnnngggggggggg. That was the place in which I first got started out when I was 13 years old with learning how to evaluate with weather. Those were some good times, a southeastern group of folks ended up forming and sticking together for a few years but we ended up leaving and going to other places, most to American but a lot also to the community that is now mostly here.

Someone does have real issues. This is not Church, it is a weather blog, but no one should have to hear/read such vile and offensive language when reading a weather blog. Especially when I have taught my children to read this blog for the best, most knowledgeable, and entertaining info about weather. I am no child and have certainly been in times and places (usually the locker room) where it is accepted. But this is not the place.

Come on Man!
I shall bend to the rules.. wasn't ever the problem. I do think snark was allowed from one side of the debate in the global warming thread, while my more direct sarcasm was pounced on by moderators. Not a biggie though. I do object to my language characterized as 'vile and offensive'. I really don't curse much.. check my posts. But the freedom to do so is important to me. What your post shows is you're just not paying that much attention. Bandwagon moderators are simply the worst.

Whatever buddy. I actually enjoy your input, especially your music thread. I am no bandwagon moderator and really don't even post that much as you can see. I only post or respond when I feel I have something to add. I only pointed out that use of the "F" word, which if I said at work, a restaurant, or many other public settings would get me fired or tossed. No attack, just asked that particular word be omitted here.I know you can articulate your thoughts without it because you are obviously very intelligent. That's all. Handshake.... Friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back