• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHA! So many people bent out of shape over the weather. SMH! It’s weather and it’s going to do what it’s going to do. You can’t control it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m fairly certain most folks on this board get that. At least I hope. People get bent out of shape because they wished things turned out differently. Normal human behavior if you ask me.

I’m fairly certain most folks on this board get that. At least I hope. People get bent out of shape because they wished things turned out differently. Normal human behavior if you ask me.

Most do but let's be honest there are a few who don't get that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What a weird storm with the way it surrounded Wake County, snowing to the east, west, and south before finally snowing here. Durham ended up getting more than Wake.

Almost always does our area do better than the rest of Wake and Durham in these type of storms, unfortunately this was just not the garden-variety coastal Miller A. I'm sure we'll get some redemption eventually ;)
Yeah, it was like Wake was in a hole surrounded by snow that slowly swallowed it. Just took forever for the snow to start here because the air was so dry beforehand. Actually seems like the bitter cold we have had for a while actually hampered things because it brought so much dry air with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it was like Wake was in a hole surrounded by snow that slowly swallowed it. Just took forever for the snow to start here because the air was so dry beforehand. Actually seems like the bitter cold we have had for a while actually hampered things.
Yeah, like most of our storms, temps were an issue

About 8" of snow here with drifts close to 2 feet. That wind is just brutal with snow blowing in your eyes.

Ready for a big storm here for a change. The last two have been nice and all to see some snow, but really were not much to get excited about here. Wish things could come together for a change.

Looking forward to severe season. Had a good time last year with it. Wouldn’t mind one more winter threat beforehand though!

Ive seen close to 2 feet of snow this year which is a new record for me. A blizzard, huge snow in GA, snow and extreme cold in IN. -12 temps. Its been a great ride but i think Im ready for some warmer weather.

HAHA! So many people bent out of shape over the weather. SMH! It’s weather and it’s going to do what it’s going to do. You can’t control it.

Move somewhere that receives their share of snow or somewhere that receives a heaping of snow. Or, go chase the storm. In yesterday's case, per South Carolina.... The lower midlands, Pee Dee, Grand Strand or Lowcountry should've been the destination if you really wanted to see some snow.

A bit frustating? Yes, I guess that could be considered fair. Bent outta shape and ticked off? No way, IMO. If it's that important and to the point where it controls emotions, then move or chase. It's that simple. Because you sure as hell can't personally change it (the weather and what it's gonna do).

If I knew my parents wouldn't have looked at me like I was crazy I might have spent an hour or two in rural South Carolina about an hour southeast of me yesterday. Truthfully haha my dad wouldn't have minded the idea, but my mom would have said no.

But in reality I didn't have the time to do it.

Tracking winter storms is almost as much fun as the end result, this was and always is a blast. And this was such a wind blown powdery snow I've got 10" drifts and some places where there is no snow haha, the bed of my truck was almost full (perfect for scooping some snow for snowcream), oh and looking out my front window snow blowing across the field like dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back