• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready for a big storm here for a change. The last two have been nice and all to see some snow, but really were not much to get excited about here. Wish things could come together for a change.

Just be happy you got almost an inch. Middle Tennessee still hasn’t got even a dusting yet. It’s crazy actually as last night I got Fluries again which is the 5th time in about two weeks I’ve seen snow fall from the sky. The Problem is that they have all been tiny little flakes that don’t accumulate even in the coldest of temps. Still not to worried yet but that will change in a few weeks if I still haven’t got a decent snow.

We have a lot of Winter left and many in the SE along the gulf coast over to the Atlantic coast that ordinarily don't get in on the action have seen wintry weather (sorry Phil), most of whom will run out of time for wintry weather as time goes on and those in the upper south have more time to cash in.... who knows how this will play out but it is certainly possible that by the end of winter everyone on this board would have seen some wintry precip (again sorry Phil, this one was close and had to be a little painful). Over all huge improvements over the last couple of winters

We have a lot of Winter left and many in the SE along the gulf coast over to the Atlantic coast that ordinarily don't get in on the action have seen wintry weather (sorry Phil), most of whom will run out of time for wintry weather as time goes on and those in the upper south have more time to cash in.... who knows how this will play out but it is certainly possible that by the end of winter everyone on this board would have seen some wintry precip (again sorry Phil, this one was close and had to be a little painful). Over all huge improvements over the last couple of winters
Thanks!
I love where I live, and sure I missed out on a 30 year event, but what the heck! It was fun watching, hoping, and ultimately rooting for some folks I really admire.
Learned a long time ago that if one gets bummed, there's no one sharing or enjoying the emotion, so that frame of mind simply can't ever enter the equation.
Still, there's always hope ... ;)
Thanks, again! :cool:
Best!
Phil

~~~~~~~

PS/Edit - Plus I've had my son home from Japan for 10 days!

Last edited:

Yeah! A great improvement. I got 10 flakes yesterday and last year I got 20 flakes in January and a quarter of an inch of snow in March. Some improvement...LMBO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah! A great improvement. I got 10 flakes yesterday and last year I got 20 flakes in January and a quarter of an inch of snow in March. Some improvement...LMBO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're not helping here

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Why do people get so upset when their back yard isn't in play for a winter weather event? A lot of negative Nancy comments in the CAD Ice Event thread. It's just ice no need to get so upset

I work outside and I must say after this long stretch of arctic cold I'm ready for this winter to be over. I'll take one more cold shot around February 20th and a good 12" crush job then I'll call it a winter

I have to wonder if FFC is being so bullish because there is a big football game plus Trump will be in town for it. Failing in front of the president for winter weather is about as bad as you can get.

Jimmy:
Stop complaining. That warning was issued in error and has been removed. Calling me out in public is not the way to go. I'm not the one who banned you in the first place and I'm not banning you now. If you don't like this forum do us all a favor and LEAVE.

Jimmy:
Stop complaining. That warning was issued in error and has been removed. Calling me out in public is not the way to go. I'm not the one who banned you in the first place and I'm not banning you now. If you don't like this forum do us all a favor and LEAVE.
I'm not the one who gave someone warning points for posting banter in the correct thread. I don't have a right to be concerned? Just wanted an explanation. I messaged you the other day twice about a similar problem and never got a reply. That's why I posted it publicly. I love this forum. I would never leave. Please don't delete this one too

Thanks
Jimmy

Well sir I have a life outside of this forum. You have your explanation.

Goodbye.

Real snow in New Jersey
5b86f36ec8121e95a807d6261aae74cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Guys these moderators have a tough and thankless job, how about showing some respect for the job they do? (not meant to be a suck up, I don't play that game.) JBurns is an example no one here should be compared to, he is in a league of his own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back