• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A foot of snow in metro Atlanta. 6 inches in Charleston. Can we just proclaim this the best winter ever in the south ?

This Raleigh snow hold is epic. Makes for some good member meltdowns. I feel for you guys. Welcome to life south of I85

I refuse to accept that Corpus Christi will have a higher snow total this winter than Dallas :p

It is only January 3rd though it can't be over

Or Charlotte, or Columbia. or Athens GA so this is not even close to the best winter in the south. 1987 and 1993 and perhaps 1982 and 1983 come to mind for that honor.

in other news that Raleigh snow hole is brutal. At least we had no shot when it snowed on the beach here...

LOL! I lived in Eastman for over 15 years before moving to Lexington. It snowed one time while I was there. That was in Dec of 93.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was in kindergarten during the December 1993 and remember it extremely well. My sister had just been born the previous September and they actually used a picture of the school covered in snow as the cover page for the South Dodge Elementary annual that year. We've actually had three more occurrences of accumulating snow since that time, but December 1993 and February 2010 remain the two heaviest that I've ever witnessed here. I actually went to college at the University of Georgia and would have stayed in Athens if it weren't for the fact that my mother's side of the family has resided in Dodge County going back to the county's inception and that I have a really good job here. It's nice to know that there's a fellow Dodge County Indian on here!

Or Charlotte, or Columbia. or Athens GA so this is not even close to the best winter in the south. 1987 and 1993 and perhaps 1982 and 1983 come to mind for that honor.

You can even toss in the winter of 1979 and 1980 in the south.

yeah I dont doubt this has been the best winter ever for places in South Texas and a large part of Central AL/GA, the coastal areas of GA/SC, etc

but a lot of northern areas ain't had crap other than dry cold(Dallas, Memphis, Huntsville, Columbia, Charlotte, probably Raleigh, the list goes on...)

This blows

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
This is amazing how the Raleigh area is doing. No one expected that. I know how it feels watching it snow 20-25 miles away while we only get rain here, or in you case of course, nothing. It happened in January last year and on December 8.

Ok I went down to the stream to take some videos and pictures for you guys. It did get to 32.9 degrees today so it was not as good as yesterday but still plenty frozen.

538d68af951a0a78cef89abd329d2de2.jpg

a88c841bacf480be7ce84520f972eb72.jpg

e8ab742c3718acc91853b9e07d7cdd05.jpg

0e4e24e243476f35aeb84253167d070f.jpg

4aa129e03327cf8d89225b5ad13fb6fe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back