• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look bad against the Saints too and yay play there next week. Maybe 3rd times a charm. Cam is horrible

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yeah, they are usually horrible against the Saints, too. Starting to think 2015 was a fluke.

I agree. I don't think he has a lot of time. I think that taking care of his aging parents occupies most of his time. @Shawn or @Storm5, has anyone invited him to join?
He's back up and running his paysite. And posts on FB every once in awhile! Snow weenie for sure, but great guy and really great about NC/SC micro climates! Lives near Shelby NC

In all seriousness what a great year 2017 was for southernwx. We started a little over a year ago with a free board and a $5 hosting plan and now we have over 900 members. We couldn't have done it without everyone here. From the folks who donated to help with costs, to those who spend their time here reading and posting, to those who volunteer their time to moderate. I know we as admins appreciate all that everyone has done to help us succeed and achieve what we have.
I know I've had a blast with the southernwx shows and interviews. We continue to work behind the scenes to find things that will make the site even better. To just give a small peek behind the curtain, we are working with a radar provider to integrate their software into our site so everyone can use it. I know there are a few other things going on as well that are more secret.
Looking forward to heading into 2018 where we stand. Obviously with the rapid growth there will be occasional growing pains but we will push through. If you ever have suggestions, comments, complaints feel free to PM myself or anyone on staff. This is our board and I want everyone to always feel that way.
Have a happy New Year everyone let's reel in some snow!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

In all seriousness what a great year 2017 was for southernwx. We started a little over a year ago with a free board and a $5 hosting plan and now we have over 900 members. We couldn't have done it without everyone here. From the folks who donated to help with costs, to those who spend their time here reading and posting, to those who volunteer their time to moderate. I know we as admins appreciate all that everyone has done to help us succeed and achieve what we have.
I know I've had a blast with the southernwx shows and interviews. We continue to work behind the scenes to find things that will make the site even better. To just give a small peek behind the curtain, we are working with a radar provider to integrate their software into our site so everyone can use it. I know there are a few other things going on as well that are more secret.
Looking forward to heading into 2018 where we stand. Obviously with the rapid growth there will be occasional growing pains but we will push through. If you ever have suggestions, comments, complaints feel free to PM myself or anyone on staff. This is our board and I want everyone to always feel that way.

Lets not forget that for some reason, we were knocked offline during a certain "announcement" and they thought we would stay down, and thank heavens i shut that sh** down. We were back up and running temporarily in what? a couple hours? The only issue was people's cache accessing the new server.. which we had to give the ip address to them for.

I think we pulled a rabbit outta the hat with that one.

Lets not forget that for some reason, we were knocked offline during a certain "announcement" and they thought we would stay down, and thank heavens i shut that sh** down. We were back up and running temporarily in what? a couple hours? The only issue was people's cache accessing the new server.. which we had to give the ip address to them for.

I think we pulled a rabbit outta the hat with that one.
Yeah that was fun. I remember you and Charlie on the phone with hostgator trying to get back on line for the 0z runs. Good times

We all appreciate you admins/mods for allowing this forum to become what it is. When the other board talkweather went down last year it sucked because that was my go to place when following the weather. When I found out you guys made a new forum and where the admins I got excited. Especially since I had learned a lot from you, the other admins and posters who came from TW over the years and now some big name posters from American on here. I look forward to seeing what this place becomes for years to come.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

He already said he didn't want to come over, or implied it. I think he hates this place as its succeeding way more.
Now you know southernwx has made it... some people's hate is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And I'm not even happy with it. I have big plans in the future with the look, etc. I can let in on a secret. We are likely going to bite the bullet and allow direct image uploads for all members. After much thought, it's better that way!
Any way a meteorologist could get an inside track on testing that?! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back