• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

Grid forecast for area (~5800') near Mount Mitchell (which is 6684'):

Tonight
Sleet, possibly mixed with snow showers and freezing rain before 5am, then sleet, possibly mixed with freezing rain. The freezing rain and sleet could be heavy at times. Patchy fog after 9pm. Low around 24. Windy, with an east wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 24 to 29 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Sunday

Snow showers and sleet, possibly mixed with freezing rain before 9am, then snow showers, possibly mixed with freezing rain between 9am and 11am, then snow showers after 11am. The snow and freezing rain could be heavy at times. Widespread fog, mainly before 5pm. High near 31. Windy, with an east wind 23 to 28 mph becoming east northeast 11 to 16 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Sunday Night

A 40 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Areas of fog before 7pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 21. Windy, with a north northwest wind 21 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

******That sounds like a fun storm.

Not to ----...on the snow parade, but how many in the CLT area are ok with not getting a couple of token flakes. Hear me out. Never, in the CLT meteorological database has there been a winter with a shoutout. So, if we aren't going to get a SNOW, like an inch or more...I would prefer to go down in glory. This is a weather forum, so why not historical weather? Flame away....
GSO was shut out for the entirety of 1992. I guess Charlotte wasn’t?

Back