• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

So true. Very common for Columbia to be in the 100-105 range during heat waves... meanwhile Charlotte is won't break 100. And then theirs the heat index. Fayetteville here in NC comes to mind as being comperable to Colombia.
It’s just amazing that them being just a few hundred feet lower in elevation could cause them to be so much hotter.

It’s just amazing that them being just a few hundred feet lower in elevation could cause them to be so much hotter.
Columbia SC and Augusta GA get quite hot compared to the rest of the southeast. Columbia probably has as many shutout winters as ones with measurable snow. Incredible contrast for less than 100 miles.

Headed to Maggie/Cataloochee with my brother at 6am. Wouldn’t y’all think roads should be pretty clear? Not a cold storm

My son and I are doing the same. I think so, especially since the roads to get there are traveled pretty often. I initially thought about going up toward Cashiers but those roads are a lot smaller and I think would be more dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true. Very common for Columbia to be in the 100-105 range during heat waves... meanwhile Charlotte is won't break 100. And then theirs the heat index. Fayetteville here in NC comes to mind as being comperable to Colombia.
Well the cities along the "Fall Line" (Columbus GA,, Maco, Augusta. Columbia all have most uncomfortable summers around.. All except Columbus sit in "bowls" topography wise so the summer air just sinks and doesn t get moved out easily.. so it builds upon itself day by day in heat waves/drought times.

Back