• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Gonna have to be patient. These vorts will be getting onto west coast in a day or 2. Step 1, cold is consistently modeled to be there . 50/50, pac ridge etc and that's the hardest part of the equation. Step 2 just gonna have to be patient another 24 to 48 hrs. But I liked the gfs 2 to 3 inch high ratio snow for mby. Also know it'll be totally different by this time tommorrow

Storm5 link said:
can't wait for the " the energy isn't sampled yet comments" those are favorite during winter fails

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Your welcome. But it's truth

Oh Canada! Sad I'm putting my hope on the CMC..LOL!
09f8704a46902601e202f20a1dd67e23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about my post earlier, I was looking as the wrong GFS map on accident, for some reason. Guess I'm tired

Canadian is really the look most of us want at 500mb it even has a modest phase.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

The big negative trend is we got our cold and lost the ser beast, but in doing so sacrificed the great sw flow.

GFS all over the place today. But looks like all the runs have had at least some snow here.

Storm5 link said:
can't wait for the " the energy isn't sampled yet comments" those are favorite during winter fails

I can't wait till the energy to get sampled.!! Lol

HartselleWeather link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=80.msg5924#msg5924 date=1483245141]

I can't wait till the energy to get sampled.!! Lol
[/quote]
In all honesty in this case we do need sampling or to get closer to verification time.  The models are obviously struggling with the west coast ridge and how the energy interacts. Also the impulse the gfs has generating snow here is currently over eastern Russia

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Back