• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

I'll take my inch of para snow
ded85ffe501fc86bbc5b91d5ad49c65c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FLO said:
Shawn said:
Posted elsewhere so will link here.  Great precip through this area, just a bit warm:

Today's 12z On the Left.  Last night's 00z on the Right.

Yea even the local people have said temps shouldn't be an issue. I hope they are right.

Find it hard to believe we get over an inch of liquid as all snow.  The para gfs from 06z shows around half an inch as snow for a chunk of us.. but..  The cut off line of snow is getting very close though.  Here:

The 6Z Para GFS is the furthest north para run in quite awhile.

Couple degrees away from a legit big dog

Shawn said:
FLO said:
Shawn said:
Posted elsewhere so will link here.  Great precip through this area, just a bit warm:

Yea even the local people have said temps shouldn't be an issue. I hope they are right.

Find it hard to believe we get over an inch of liquid as all snow.  The para gfs from 06z shows around half an inch as snow for a chunk of us.. but..  The cut off line of snow is getting very close though.  Here:

Yea I am losing faith. CAE is always on the wrong side of that snow line, so I expect nothing less.

accu35 said:
I'm not sleeping tonight,. I'm off of work for 2 days

You in Clarke County?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
SnowFlowXXL said:
Para GFS looks like the Euro.. not good
it looked like that last night ....Nothing new

There is a significant NW shift for NC between the 0z and 6z para run though

FLO said:
Shawn said:
FLO said:
Shawn said:

Yea I am losing faith. CAE is always on the wrong side of that snow line, so I expect nothing less.

Well, temps may not be handled completely right by these models so there's that.  CAE seemed confident last night that the guidance was a bit warm.  I've learned to use Newberry as a dividing line over the years.  Sadly.

ForsythSnow said:
I am loving that little spot of 3" or so in my area lol. Better run I believe.

lol HA you and me both little strip that goes just straight into our area!

Shawn said:
FLO said:
Shawn said:
FLO said:
Shawn said:

Well, temps may not be handled completely right by these models so there's that.  CAE seemed confident last night that the guidance was a bit warm.  I've learned to use Newberry as a dividing line over the years.  Sadly.

Newberry almost always hits the jackpot.

Unless you are in NC/SC/extreme eastern GA the actual low track doesn't matter. For instance a hundred miles of either way won't change much.  For Us in MS, AL and the rest of GA this is a overrunning, SW flow set up which is clearly visible from the QPF patterns. We need the wave to dig more and establish a stronger SW flow while having a deeper push of cold air. Unless it really amps WAA or CAA from the system itself will be minimal for us at least.

outside of NC, georgia and alabama really want something like the gfs/gefs to verify . all models work for NC

Shawn said:

Awesome. Ty for that. Ya we don't get Nada but have the best moisture. It's the way it goes. Lmao

Some tale tale signs places like Mount Airy, NC and western Wilkesboro could be blanked with nothing. Just cold and dry.

Storm5 said:
ARCC said:
Unless you are in NC/SC/extreme eastern GA. For Us in MS, AL and the rest of GA this is a overrunning, SW flow set up which is clearly visible from the QPF patterns. We need the wave to dig more and establish a stronger SW flow while having a deeper push of cold air. Unless it really amps WAA or CAA from the system itself will be minimal for us at least.
outside of NC, georgia and alabama really want  something like the gfs/gefs to verify . all models work for NC  

Thanks.....these are the comments that are most helpful to a novice like me :)

I think the GFS/gefs will be right, because now the Euro seems to be caving in towards the GFS. Can't wait for 18z

I'll take the 12z runs for AL again dusting to 1" looks good be happy lol

OWilkesboroDude said:
Some tale tale signs places like Mount Airy, NC and western Wilkesboro could be blanked with nothing. Just cold and dry.

I know man how sad

Xtreme weather said:
I'll take the 12z runs for AL again dusting to 1" looks good be happy lol

Are you still in Calhoun?

Back