• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

modelwatcher said:
Storm5 said:
very little for north georgia. Nothing like the gfs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just a degree or two away from glory. Hopefully the colder trend continues with the EURO. Precip shield is a little more north than 0Z and puts ATL closer to the heaviest QPF. Great trends. I would say 1-3" in Atlanta with isolated spots of 4-5". Winter storm watch will be needed IMO.

I'm not sure FFC will be convinced just yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few days ago, I mentioned that the models will be fluctuating with the position of low. That's normal from modeling, see it all the time.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

GEFS shift north seems bigger than the Euro's shift south....

SD said:
ecmwf_tsnow_raleigh_15.png
:)
Glorious!

OK what about map for little west too

For the Chattanooga folks...

I'm hoping the hi-res models that aren't quite yet in range bring us some love, but this is the stark model reality right now...

DDXpogoCvCM7xMsq6

bricks heart won't be handle the mixing issues that are right at his doorstep ..... omgd I don't know if I could handle brick getting a few inches while to his nw gets crushed

HixsonWX said:
stormcentral said:
Lol WTVC channel 9 calling for a dusting KCHA & SE TN ?

Unfortunately, that is what most of the guidance I've seen is pointing to... Even the Euro is not showing the "up to" 3 inches that WRCB is saying. I'm hoping the Hi-Res models save us, but right now I'm having a hard time getting on board with anyone that  says more than an inch for CHA. Obviously, things can still change and I hope they do!

EDIT: out of the American models I've seen so far, the NAM 4km is the big winner for Chattanooga with a whopping 0.725"...

6 members of the GEFS mean give us snow.

Maybe the GFS is on to something....I think.

I think the GFS will stay the course and the Euro will continue to come South. I have nothing to base this on other than my heart.

ecmwf_ptype_th_raleigh_13.png

Phew that was a close for RDU lol...

Euro definitely ticked a little SE that run...

Storm5 said:
bricks heart won't be handle the mixing issues that are right at his doorstep ..... omgd I don't know if I could handle brick getting a few inches while to his nw gets crushed

That is am impressive warm surge at 850....looks like I might go to a mix for a while

I am loving that little spot of 3" or so in my area lol. Better run I believe.

precip was a little further north this run I'm my area . I'll take since the euro has been the furthest south and shutting us out run after run

Back