• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Deltadog03 said:
Brick Tamland said:
Deltadog03 said:
Sorry didn't mean to rant. Again, not directed towards anyone in here.

Sure.

tumblr_obieneWbmk1vb5lyko1_500.gif

I'm serious Brick it really wasn't.

I was just trying to be funny.

cmc gives Huntsville and atlanta very little. maybe an inch . Eastern NC 3-6

late bloomer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SnowFlowXXL said:
CMC still gave west metro and inch
no way to spin that run. clear euro trend from the cmc

GFS has very good agreement with it's 06z run.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

So is this looking to stay below I-20 in Alabama for any snow possibilities based on current trends?

Deltadog03 said:
Also, can I just throw this out there please?  Since when is a potential 1-3 or maybe 2-3" snow strip across the deep south not a big deal??  I am sorry, if there is even an inch of snow, thats a big deal.  I think some people, and this is not pointed at anyone, fail to realize that 2-3" of snow is a MAJOR impact on the deep south.  I know the mtns its not as big of a deal, but if CLT or RDU got 2-3" that is still a big deal......ok, rant over.

Love that post Chris, Heck it's gotten to the point that my daughter and I get excited to see frost on roof tops in the morning lol. We're sitting about 20 miles north of I-20 in northwest paulding county and we just hoping to see some flakes falling

Deltadog03 said:
Also, can I just throw this out there please? Since when is a potential 1-3 or maybe 2-3" snow strip across the deep south not a big deal?? I am sorry, if there is even an inch of snow, thats a big deal. I think some people, and this is not pointed at anyone, fail to realize that 2-3" of snow is a MAJOR impact on the deep south. I know the mtns its not as big of a deal, but if CLT or RDU got 2-3" that is still a big deal......ok, rant over.

Dude...preach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
SnowFlowXXL said:
CMC still gave west metro and inch
no way to spin that run. clear euro trend from the cmc

The Euro CMC UKM are completely different from the GFS in so many ways....

so we have the euro,cmc and nam in the late bloomer idea that skips over most of

then we have the gfs....... what could go wrong

Please come North and give east Tennessee some love

Storm5 said:
so we have the euro,cmc and nam in the late bloomer idea that skips over most of

then we have the gfs....... what could go wrong

That pretty much tells the story and why most NWS offices are going with the globals.

My Goodness just give me a dusting of snow and I'll be happy

Back