• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Sorry didn't mean to rant. Again, not directed towards anyone in here.

I still think a euro and gfs blend is the way to go at this point

Storm5 said:
1b92db5b34f8dcf0e4510699159f7617.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
o
[quote pid='16269' dateline='1483545301']
Those of us in SE TN & N GA get shafted this run...:(
[/quote]

I keep noticing that there has been a trend of higher snow totals running from Northeast SC to Southeast NC on many of the different models.

How often is it that we, in AL, aren't having to worry about temps, but having to worry about precip! The precip usually always pans out, and not the temps. If the precip does pan out, we will be golden!

most alabama and Georgia folks won't like the cmc . it looks nothing like previous runs

Temps really iffy from Montgomery to just south of I20 on this run. Certainly warmer than a few days ago. Mixture of snow and sleet to rain. Not a trend I like.

Deltadog03 said:
Sorry didn't mean to rant. Again, not directed towards anyone in here.

Chris, your posts are priceless. Everytime you post, I get excited. Thanks for all your great posts/contributions to this forum! Very much appreciated!

The GFS looks more realistic to me. This setup just likes one that would mean 1-2" around I20...maybe a few heavier pockets. Just wondering if this NW trend will continue lol.

Deltadog03 said:
Also, can I just throw this out there please?  Since when is a potential 1-3 or maybe 2-3" snow strip across the deep south not a big deal??  I am sorry, if there is even an inch of snow, thats a big deal.  I think some people, and this is not pointed at anyone, fail to realize that 2-3" of snow is a MAJOR impact on the deep south.  I know the mtns its not as big of a deal, but if CLT or RDU got 2-3" that is still a big deal......ok, rant over.

2-3" really isn't that big of a deal in CLT.  You forget, 75% of us are NY transplants!

Everything staying consistent.... excited to see who wins out

DadOfJax said:
How often is it that we, in AL, aren't having to worry about temps, but having to worry about  precip! The precip usually always pans out, and not the temps. If the precip does pan out, we will be golden!

Very true...As someone pointed out, it's about time to start paying attention to the High Res models also

ARCC said:
Temps really iffy from Montgomery to just south of I20 on this run. Certainly warmer than a few days ago. Mixture of snow and sleet to rain. Not a trend I like.

If the precip is underdone a bit like I think, temps shouldn't be that much of an issue...especially within 20/30 miles of I20.

RichardJacks said:
The GFS looks more realistic to me.  This setup just likes one that would mean 1-2" around I20...maybe a few heavier pockets.  Just wondering if this NW trend will continue lol.

I would agree with that. I actually think gfs did better with moisture and Temps all around this run. Snow line sank south just a little bit.

Deltadog03 said:
Storm5 said:
1b92db5b34f8dcf0e4510699159f7617.jpg

I think most should be be encouraged by the 12z gfs...not saying its totally right, but it was colder and more wide spread with precipitation...I know NC are not so much, and I can understand that for sure.

NC looks totally covered in snow. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back