• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Of course I'm not great at reading those kinds of models, but that UKMET run actually looks decent.

Weatherlover92 said:
SoutheastRidge said:
Storm5 said:
12z para trended towards the gfs . but it's two cycles old so it does not really mean a hill of beans
b14458f6b8c9f7349ab0cd8c525fc86d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow basically no snow for Atlanta. A road trip to Macon may be in order.

Atlanta is in the 2-4 inch range on the 12z Para GFS. How is that basically no snow?

I was referring to the map Storm posted above. Looks like no snow in a huge quadrant in the NW part of GA including much of the Atlanta area.

CoreyandFrosty said:
This is talkweather? How come nobody told me?? LOL

And yet, when you registered, you added your location before fooling with the nifty avatar. You are my hero. 

*I found out by the Talkweather FB page. I stalked some posts. Found the details. Moseyed on over*

18z ARPEGE (its not a horrible model):

Shawn said:
For those using PC and tired of manually uploaded your files to an image host, we now have a new plugin that should help make it easier.  The button is at the bottom of the post box you write in.

Test

Awesome! You guys are doing a great job here!

Noob question: what is the significance of the parallel model?

Need to get RollTide and Kory in here as well

GeorgiaGirl said:
Of course I'm not great at reading those kinds of models, but that UKMET run actually looks decent.
much weaker and it's se of 12z . trended towards the gfs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mckinnonwg said:
Noob question:  what is the significance of the parallel model?

Used to test changes to the model before it's set as the operational.  Think of it as a beta test of a model before it goes live!

Brick Tamland said:
Corey just showed up at American and said Talkweather is broken. He doesn't know about this board yet.

Heck I'm not Corey but I been hovering around American for awhile now and just saw the post about the new forum... it's like coming in from a long cold dark night with friends with a fire going and coffee on... good to be home

Olaf said:
So much doom and gloom here!

Amen. We need some positive energy in here. Maybe Corey will bring back the positive vibe.

CoreyandFrosty said:
This is talkweather? How come nobody told me?? LOL
Hey Corey, I remember you from Talk Weather

Glad I found y'all. I was on the old forum for years. We are spending the winter in Pigeon Forge, but maybe we need to go back to Tuscaloosa for this storm.

df80bd28e9e7e63b6be920606d6ba49e.jpg

Problem solved!
Don't fret over the latest model trend, just get one of these all season sleds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang. I feel special. I told people about this forum on American WX and now several people have joined.

Back