• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

SD said:
Oh Canada not my home but favorite land....oh Canada I stand by the!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I feel better now. Solid 4 to 6 showing up, and could be more with the NW shift.

Maybe if it becomes too warm it will shear out and give little rain. I'd actually like to do something outside.

Storm5 said:
12z para trended towards the gfs . but it's two cycles old so it does not really mean a hill of beans
b14458f6b8c9f7349ab0cd8c525fc86d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow basically no snow for Atlanta. A road trip to Macon may be in order.

Storm5 said:
12z para trended towards the gfs . but it's two cycles old so it does not really mean a hill of beans

Yeah, I was about to say...that is very unrealistic.

Storm5 said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
might be okay for places in NC and East TN but it'd be lite amounts.
it's a horrible run overall . gfs trend for sure

I hope this can change over night.

Found CoreyTucker, need him over here to bring the mojo

RollTide18 said:
I'm gonna be sick if this ends up being a I-20 north storm

I get sucked into this every ding dang year and Tuscaloosa gets the red-headed-stepchild treatment. I'm holding out for some pity snow.

Corey just showed up at American and said Talkweather is broken. He doesn't know about this board yet.

For those using PC and tired of manually uploaded your files to an image host, we now have a new plugin that should help make it easier.  The button is at the bottom of the post box you write in.

Test

SnowFlowXXL said:
Found CoreyTucker, need him over here to bring the mojo

Yeah I told him to come to southernwx.com and join !

Dang! First was battling too far north now too far south. Lmao.

NorthGAWinterWx said:
Storm5 said:

Yeah, I was about to say...that is very unrealistic.
how is it unrealistic. everything is trending se and weaker.

Even though it's usually way too early to talk about snowfall totals, 2-5" probably would be a very reasonable, first-guess, median estimate specifically for whoever hits the jackpot over NC/SE VA with this system...

This is talkweather? How come nobody told me?? LOL

SoutheastRidge said:
Storm5 said:

Wow basically no snow for Atlanta. A road trip to Macon may be in order.

Atlanta is in the 2-4 inch range on the 12z Para GFS. How is that basically no snow?

Is this a good time to politely ask people to add their location to their profiles? I just did some serious giddy dancing over a reply from someone NOT in AL. It was a really good dance. I'm a little sad now.

CoreyandFrosty said:
This is talkweather? How come nobody told me?? LOL

Corey !!! We've been wondering where you've been !

Back