• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Deltadog03 said:
Dsaur said:
Storm5 said:
this isn't a bad run at all for georgia

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, still getting 5 or 6 here.  That'll go nicely with the 5 inches of rain I just got ::) Still waiting to get 5 inches in sleet, lol.  But, if it has to be snow, I'll take it happily.  I made a sled out of skis, so I can do snow in the street too, if they don't tear it up too bad driving on it  :p  But sleet is better!  T

I agree....not a bad run for GA....prob need a little help down my way with temps tho...lol

Chris, I always figure as long as the low is in Fla, and there's a high overhead, it'll usually trend cold enough...but then I don't have to forecast for Macon, where this would be a bit rare, lol.  Good luck with your chosen profession, lol.  I'm pulling for us both!!  And El K too.  Perry needs some snow too.  Tony

Temps will be what screws us. Gonna be a gut punch. All this model watching and it will be too warm

GeorgiaGirl said:
might be okay for places in NC and East TN but it'd be lite amounts.
it's a horrible run overall . gfs trend for sure

Webberweather53 said:
The long awaited, well anticipated canonical short-medium range NW trend has likely begun on the GFS... Axis of heaviest snow has moved ~ 50 miles or so northwestward in the past 3 runs over North & South Carolina

output_h5kE4X.gif
It actually looks to me like the precip shifted southward in NW GA, with the cutoff shifting closer to ATL.

GFS poops on my back yard this run... a little warmer this run here...but overall not bad for GA...I am still torn on this whole system.

Webberweather53 said:
The long awaited, well anticipated canonical short-medium range NW trend has likely begun on the GFS... Axis of heaviest snow has moved ~ 50 miles or so northwestward in the past 3 runs over North & South Carolina

output_h5kE4X.gif

Yes,  thanks for that. Hope it keeps up and we get more precip than the GFS is currently shoqing.

I'm gonna be sick if this ends up being a I-20 north storm

Dsaur said:
Deltadog03 said:
Dsaur said:
Storm5 said:

Yeah, still getting 5 or 6 here.  That'll go nicely with the 5 inches of rain I just got ::) Still waiting to get 5 inches in sleet, lol.  But, if it has to be snow, I'll take it happily.  I made a sled out of skis, so I can do snow in the street too, if they don't tear it up too bad driving on it  :p  But sleet is better!  T

I agree....not a bad run for GA....prob need a little help down my way with temps tho...lol

Chris, I always figure as long as the low is in Fla, and there's a high overhead, it'll usually trend cold enough...but then I don't have to forecast for Macon, where this would be a bit rare, lol.  Good luck with your chosen profession, lol.  I'm pulling for us both!!  And El K too.  Perry needs some snow too.  Tony

Thank you!   ya, we have a nice high in place...well, sort of...haha  might be a super cold rain at 35 degrees....

Eh barely squeak by with snow from the CMC, but its snow in CAE none-the-less.

tes.png

Looks like temps are improved on the CMC but not sure. More people in game

I'll take my inch on the CMC. I'd prefer 6" but an inch is better than nothing. I notice that it shows ratio of 10:1, any chance the ratio will be better than that ?

Deltadog03 said:
Dsaur said:
Deltadog03 said:
Dsaur said:
Storm5 said:

Thank you!   ya, we have a nice high in place...well, sort of...haha  might be a super cold rain at 35 degrees....
Bite your tongue, sir!   No way Goofy rides a storm for the whole 10 days to two weeks, then rains on the parade.  That's cruel and inhuman ::) T

Oh Canada not my home but favorite land....oh Canada I stand by the!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Shawn said:
Eh barely squeak by with snow from the CMC, but its snow in CAE none-the-less.

tes.png

That still looks to be 2-4 inches for our neck of the woods (depending, on where you're located in the Midlands).

12z para looks like hell at H5. of course it's TWO CYCLES OLD so it really does not matter

12z para trended towards the gfs . but it's two cycles old so it does not really mean a hill of beans
b14458f6b8c9f7349ab0cd8c525fc86d.jpg

Para like the GFS good hit for deep south

What is this looking like for the BHAM metro area now? Cant keep up with all models....

Back