• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

ARCC said:
Do not get excited. Do not get excited. Do not get excited. Someone talk me off the table.
come on you know how it goes. your in the sweet spot 3 days out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ATLWxFan said:
I did it. Storm is gonna ban me. I'm sorry. It's been great getting to know all of you!
0343da3646856fe804a0bb9055453d95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amatuer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heisenberg said:
SoutheastRidge said:
olhausen said:
NWMSGuy said:
MBY just south of Memphis needs a Mircale at this point. Lol

Ha ha my area north of Nashville is in deep trouble of missing out also. That said as I've said a few times over the last few days I don't mind missing out near as much since I got the big dog foot high snow last season. I hope everyone south of me gets it good and then after that it's fair game to wish for snow up here the rest of the season. :D

Yeah but the good thing for you is you will probably have a lot more chances for snow the rest of the winter than areas in the deep south will. Plus you've gotten hammered the last couple of years. Share the wealth !

He will not even share with fellow Tennesseans.

Sorry, wasn't trying to sound selfish. I'm in Northwest MS and after seeing the extreme 06z GFS yesterday I'm kinda disappointed for people around my area lol. However, people in southern and central MS and points east do deserve something good! Just hope will see a few more chances down the road this Winter.

ATLWxFan said:
I did it. Storm is gonna ban me. I'm sorry. It's been great getting to know all of you!

How did you find one? online?

bhs1975 said:
ATLWxFan said:

Costco has a bunch! $16. I'll return it when everything shifts north.

ShowMeYourTDs said:
ATLWxFan said:

Amatuer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prefer weenie to amateur but yes.

bhs1975 said:
ATLWxFan said:

"Santa" brought a some last year. We MIGHT finally get to us them

SD said:
ARCC said:
Do not get excited. Do not get excited. Do not get excited. Someone talk me off the table.
Fear the NW trend

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I guess 3 inches like the GEFS mean wouldn't be bad. Hope we get the NW trend or the storm blows up more, though. Just would love this to be a monster, but fear this will be the time it stays south of us.

Have we ever seen a winter storm where the SLP was that far south? That's just hard for me to believe that this wouldn't shift back to the NW some.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bhs1975 said:
SD said:
ARCC said:
Fear the NW trend

Oh yeah. #northwesttrendisreal

I'm conflicted for our area. You could make a compelling case for big event, light event and nothing and have support for each. Right now I do think we see snow falling but I wouldn't commit to more than a dusting

Bsudweather said:
Have we ever seen a winter storm where the SLP was that far south? That's just hard for me to believe that this wouldn't shift back to the NW some.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that the December 1989 that brought snow to my location (far south Georgia) had a SLP that crossed Central Florida.

It's possible for the low pressure to be that far south, its just rare. Been a while since we've seen it happen, so this might be the time it does.

Or, we might have two models that are so far out to lunch that we are talking about a completely different scenario by tomorrow.

I would assume a track across North-Central Florida when things get going. Generally that track also gives this area the best chance at heavier snows while getting others involved to the North.

SD said:
bhs1975 said:
SD said:
ARCC said:
Fear the NW trend

I'm conflicted for our area. You could make a compelling case for big event, light event and nothing and have support for each. Right now I do think we see snow falling but I wouldn't commit to more than a dusting
Yep sucks just 3 days out... but I liked the GFS, it whiffed last 2 runs (up my way) but brought precip back this time. It may stay south it may be a strung out mess but if we have a slp climo argues nw, we will be just fine
bhs1975 said:
SD said:
ARCC said:
Fear the NW trend

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SoutheastRidge said:
olhausen said:
NWMSGuy said:
MBY just south of Memphis needs a Mircale at this point. Lol

Ha ha my area north of Nashville is in deep trouble of missing out also. That said as I've said a few times over the last few days I don't mind missing out near as much since I got the big dog foot high snow last season. I hope everyone south of me gets it good and then after that it's fair game to wish for snow up here the rest of the season. :D

Yeah but the good thing for you is you will probably have a lot more chances for snow the rest of the winter than areas in the deep south will. Plus you've gotten hammered the last couple of years. Share the wealth !

Umm pretty sure that's what I just did in this post.

ATLWxFan said:

this is 100 percent unacceptable! !!!!! If this fails you will get banned , Kiss of death lol

Side note.....Looks like a good one. I'm still mad

Brick Tamland said:
SD said:
ARCC said:
Fear the NW trend

I guess 3 inches like the GEFS mean wouldn't be bad. Hope we get the NW trend or the storm blows up more, though. Just would love this to be a monster, but fear this will be the time it stays south of us.
if you get three inches and complain you will be banned along with ATLwxfan for buying that damn sled

Jason Simpson doesn't seem very impressed.

Back