• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

FWIW, the birds in central AL are stuffing their craws. Hundreds all over the ground at my sisters place today west of Birmingham...I think they know it's coming...

Tarheel1 said:
bhs1975 said:
Rarely do storms go that far south so I'm good with where it's at on the GFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially, with no blocking! IMO, I think a track over JAX, will be the final track

Of course that's the best track for your backyard and mine  :)

SoutheastRidge said:
I've been gone all day and trying to figure out whats going on. So the snow will mainly be south of I-20 and here in North GA we won't get anything ?

Yep shoulda never left Carolton smh

Not to be too much of an IMBY post here, but with such supression, can anyone tell me how much Cumming is showing to get 45 miles NNE of the airport?

I am thinking the models will move towards each other tonight or tomorrow morning. Just a S.W.A.G. , but, hopefully it will slow down the Debbie Downers.

farleydawg79 said:
DGEX image?

it's the dgex lol
70052b9f6ea046feb982ae45adc9e0eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

NWMSGuy said:
MBY just south of Memphis needs a Mircale at this point. Lol

Ha ha my area north of Nashville is in deep trouble of missing out also. That said as I've said a few times over the last few days I don't mind missing out near as much since I got the big dog foot high snow last season. I hope everyone south of me gets it good and then after that it's fair game to wish for snow up here the rest of the season. :D

Tarheel1 said:
bhs1975 said:
Rarely do storms go that far south so I'm good with where it's at on the GFS.

Especially, with no blocking! IMO, I think a track over JAX, will be the final track

Even with a solidly +AO/+NAO, the 2/9-10/1973 historic snowstorm's low crossed central FL. So you never know.

AO daily history: ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/cwlinks/norm.daily.ao.index.b500101.current.ascii
NAO daily history: ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/cwlinks/norm.daily.nao.index.b500101.current.ascii

olhausen said:
NWMSGuy said:
MBY just south of Memphis needs a Mircale at this point. Lol

Ha ha my area north of Nashville is in deep trouble of missing out also. That said as I've said a few times over the last few days I don't mind missing out near as much since I got the big dog foot high snow last season. I hope everyone south of me gets it good and then after that it's fair game to wish for snow up here the rest of the season. :D

Yeah but the good thing for you is you will probably have a lot more chances for snow the rest of the winter than areas in the deep south will. Plus you've gotten hammered the last couple of years. Share the wealth !

SnowFlowXXL said:
SoutheastRidge said:
I've been gone all day and trying to figure out whats going on. So the snow will mainly be south of I-20 and here in North GA we won't get anything ?

Lol, Carrollton crush job and Dahlonega gets blanked

What time does the para run? Should be some interesting GEFS members.

WXinCanton said:
SnowFlowXXL said:
SoutheastRidge said:

Lol, Carrollton crush job and Dahlonega gets blanked
Wouldn't surprise me. I think as of right now Dahlonega will be lucky to get a flurry. I-20 is going to be the sweet spot for this storm.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if BOTH the GFS and Euro are kind of out to lunch. Both have solutions that seem a little funky.

Back