• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Looks like the blocking is a tad weaker this run and it's not exactly a cutter takes a path just east of the apps, still no good for anyone....  maybe there will be a second wave on the backend as the cold finally starts to make it in?  Grasping.... not a good run for sure

^^^^yep wasn't going to go there but yeah there's your stronger lp and see what happened

06z gfs para and euro doesn't look like that. But I could see this run being right

giphy.gif

Something that even the ensembles likely won't fix.  Well, I threw in the towel last night for my area, but that run is just devastating for any Winter fan.

On the bright side, it's about time for some of the models to go wonkers on some runs...Usually happens about a week from the event...Right on cue...Wouldn't read too much in to them right now...JMO

Flurry link said:
On the bright side, it's about time for some of the models to go wonkers on some runs...Usually happens about a week from the event...Right on cue...Wouldn't read too much in to them right now...JMO

Yeah, the Christmas '10 storm went away on models and then came back like 3 days before the event. Call me a sunshine pumper but it's still too early to throw in the towel.

What's funny about this run is that, this run actually gives my area winter precip.

Gfs ends with an inch of snow for northga.  I'll call it a winter I guess lol :(

Don't have maps, but hearing the Canadian is along the same lines as the new GFS. 

Back