• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

This has got to be one of the best runs ever board wide.
11055f308ac07a574a6d990f8f08dbef.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deltadog03 link said:
I think this **POTENTIAL** storm has some pretty descent chances...why???  We know there is going to be cold air around...like the cold shot before this system is a pretty nice one...Snow cover to our NW...then we have the high that builds in...then moves over the apps and then up the apps...NOT out to sea...that is going to be CRUCIAL.....if it slides up the apps into the interior NE...I honestly say game on if there is a storm!!

Are you going to do a facebook video about this potential storm ?

Shawn link said:
Through 204 - likely icing in areas still:

204ice.png
Holy cow! That's the problem with big snowstorms in the southeast... someone on the southern extent will get the dreaded freezing rain. Let's hope if this does come to fruition, it's cold enough for mostly sleet in those areas. You can definitely see the CAD signature with that map. I want to see the ensembles before getting too caught up in the hype.

whatalife link said:
Here is WxBell's snow map much of this ice for GA and SC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
51b205f8cf82ed682c88d749a5e0c96c.jpg

Can someone help me out;What do the snow totals look like for southwestern Fulton County I can't tell where the cutoff from blue and gray for the Georgia map.

Louis link said:
[quote author=whatalife link=topic=80.msg5208#msg5208 date=1483159764]

Can someone help me out;What do the snow totals look like for southwestern Fulton County I can't tell where the cutoff from blue and gray for the Georgia map.
[/quote] very little snow, mostly ice

Brick Tamland link said:
Told you. Bringing the magic.
Yes sir, I brought magic as well...I said there would be a Gulf low or a Gulf coastal low for days and my prediction came true on this run.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

NorthGAWinterWx link said:
[quote author=Brick Tamland link=topic=80.msg5224#msg5224 date=1483160293]
Yes sir, I brought magic as well...I said there would be a Gulf low or a Gulf coastal low for days and my prediction came true on this run.

[/quote]
we get for the 5th time

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Louis link said:

[/quote]YOu can't worry about your backyard...this thing will change over and over anyway between now and then, it's the general idea to grasp.

Louis link said:

[/quote]
Until the day of the event no one knows for sure.

Holy smokes if that run is the idea of what would be a successful winter storm in the southeast with this system. That doesn't look as bad of an ice storm as February 2014 for my locale, but it's pretty bad and crippling not too far to the northeast of me.

And again, I'm away from paying attention to the weather, this time watching football, last time out with a friend, and a mic drop model run happened.

I've said that if a winter storm is going to happen here, the models always bring back the idea of it eventually, so we'll see where she goes with this...

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=NorthGAWinterWx link=topic=80.msg5228#msg5228 date=1483160479]
[quote author=Brick Tamland link=topic=80.msg5224#msg5224 date=1483160293]

[/quote]
we get for the 5th time

[/quote]
Sorry, I just feel the rush.

olhausen link said:
This has got to be one of the best runs ever board wide.
11055f308ac07a574a6d990f8f08dbef.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I know it can and probably will change a bunch between now and go time, but it's not a great run for those of us near I-20.

The big change in the run is that the longwave trough doesn't phase with the pacific shortwave, so it sticks around in the pacific while a ridge builds over the mtns. GEFS showing the change, Canadian, GFS... must be a feedback change in the 00z suite.

Well from what I understand, the UKMET has the big cold press too/slower wave so you may can add that model also which is wonderful with 500mb imo.

If your a guest GO SIGN UP.  Next week we will be changing settings to handle traffic and that means if your not a member you won't be able to view the forum . Sign up so you don't miss anything next week, takes 30 seconds

Back