• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland link said:
This is why you don't give up because of one day of sucky runs a week out. So much time for things to change.

I'm with you on this one brick. Although I must admit it's fun watching the ups and downs of everybody on this board as each run comes out!

One of the scariest runs I have seen in a while.  Will post the ice maps from pivotal when they come out.

Brick tried to tell yall but you wouldn't listen.

Tell em Brick. " It mst be _____"

Who's excited now!? Holy smokes those totals. See, Gulf lows can be better than overrruning.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

hunter.mcdonald link said:
I don't understand this run at all for MEM and N MS??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing. We got the shaft there. It will change several more times

Ice maps still coming in, but its bad from ATL through Midlands of SC.  0.63 just NW of  ATL by 192 and 0.76 in CAE.

Shawn link said:
One of the scariest runs I have seen in a while.  Will post the ice maps from pivotal when they come out.
Please don't...LOL! That is awful for our area...

all these georgia folks that were complaining sure are awake tonight

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gawd, not even parts of NC or TN are  safe from the huge ice amounts so far.

Storm5 link said:
all these georgia folks that were complaining sure are awake tonight

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Can I report this post to a mod??  lol  jk  that was like the best run I think people can hope for at this point....

Shawn link said:
Gawd, not even parts of NC or TN are  safe from the huge ice amounts so far.
Ya 850's are loosing the battle, but once the sfc low gets really going it comes back....

Through 204 - likely icing in areas still:

204ice.png

NorthGAWinterWx link said:
Who's excited now!? Holy smokes those totals. See, Gulf lows can be better than overrruning.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I've scored from Gulf lows, but usually when they're in the central gulf. My area seems to do better with overrunning.

Joshuamurraywx link said:
My area in NW Georgia would get 10-15 inches of snow. I will take that and be good for a couple of years if that verifies. Lol
Such wild swings from run to run. I would imagine that traffic would be horrible with that....lol

Back