• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

accu35 said:
Storm5 said:
cmc has nasty ice in central alabama below birmingham towards Montgomery and back into central miss

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Is there a ice map from CMC
5200526f2ab6884a153b834f7ce9e9c4.gif

Even if the surface low track is further south than many may want, I expect the northern extent of the precip field to be underforecast...I just don't see this being a fairly dry/compact system like we have seen along the gulf coast at times.

Vols1 said:
So Nashville isn't totally out of it?

If the current models are correct on the 2nd (bigger) wave, yes. I think you guys might see some snow showers and possible very light accumulations out of the first wave, though.

Supershow said:
:D :D Canadian says a little more North
b25d68b025b6140e00337684fb9fa2af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what the Fox6 map is using today.  Also James Spann just posted this map.  Kind of strange to me that they are posting so early.  It's Tuesday??? :blush:

I want this storm to drift North so us here in Tennessee gets a little action

FLO said:
NC guys say trust in the Canadian, SC and GA guys say trust in the GFS. Ugh.

Not us upstate SC guys. Give us the Ukmet/last nights euro and a side of cmc. Gfs trend north eventually and paste the 85 corridor!

DadOfJax said:
I keep getting emails from this thread....I am jot subscribe to it though. How do I stop the emails?

I keep getting text alerts from the app, and they are from posts an hour ago. I have unfollowed the thread and still keep getting them.

I have a pretty good feeling that the GFS will not be the ultimate solution for this storm and think we're ultimately going to see a solution that's a compromise between too sheared out (the GFS and foreign models flipped in this role) and amped up.

Lovemesomesnow said:
Supershow said:
:D :D Canadian says a little more North
b25d68b025b6140e00337684fb9fa2af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what the Fox6 map is using today.  Also James Spann just posted this map.  Kind of strange to me that they are posting so early.  It's Tuesday??? :blush:
That's the old CMC...the 12z CMC shows higher SN accumulations

Storm5 said:
accu35 said:
Storm5 said:
cmc has nasty ice in central alabama below birmingham towards Montgomery and back into central miss

Is there a ice map from CMC
5200526f2ab6884a153b834f7ce9e9c4.gif

Holy cow, that's some good looking ice

RichardJacks said:
Even if the surface low track is further south than many may want, I expect the northern extent of the precip field to be underforecast...I just don't see this being a fairly dry/compact system like we have seen along the gulf coast at times.

The significant precip shield was way far north of the 1/2-3/2002 SE winter storm whose sfc low crossed central FL (near where the 12Z GFS has it). ATL, for example, got a major hit (4-5").

RichardJacks said:

Post of the day for sure!!!!

Back